"Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground" - Now Online!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
YOTIABG.JPG

Well I heard Mr. Gold sing about her,
Well, I heard ole Dave put her down.
Well, I hope David Gold will remember,
A Northern man dont need him around anyhow...

The new WOODS OF YPRES 'Ontario Metal Anthem': "Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground" is now finally online!

www.myspace.com/woodsofypres

+ Along with new updated mixes of "The Northern Cold" and "Iron Grudge".

More info soon! Until then, enjoy!

DG and DH - \w/

:kickass: :kickass:

Also...

tshirtproof.jpg

New T-shirts available soon in M, L, XL and XXL. + New girly-tees coming soon too! I'll keep you posted!

And this variation is incredibly different than the live version from over a year ago-- but just as excellent-- again, this makes me anticipate the complete package that much more....

Very N-ice graphic. I'll make it my first Woods shirt. Not my last though.

Also, I'll be honest, I really, really think the chorus to Your Ontario Town... should have been growled. And in addition, the song didn't cut it for me. I'm not liking the vocal melodies. But I find that I'm always a critical listener. It often takes me months to get into certain albums/songs.

However, when I first heard Northern Cold I couldn't help but feel dissapointed. Now I completely feel the opposite, because I think that song is fantastic. Truly epic. And that goes hand in hand with Your Ontario Town which has an epic feel as well, but I think it takes me a while to get used to the rock/doom/clean vocals aspect of it. Don't take this negatively though David :p I also liked the intro and riffs. Sometimes power chord sections just kill me though.

I trust that the final product will enlighten us all though. The rough mixes don't do Woods justice. There are some black metal bands that would sound fine with a rough mix, but in that case, the kind of mix Your Ontario Town has now isn't rough enough to give it that raw edge and not enough for a clean, elegant feel. Regardless, still a great job!

EDIT: 2nd listen, sounds strangely better.

/don'tkillmeDavidGold

AshDLS - Fucking stellar. I love the melodic riffing behind the epic vocals during the chorus.
Glad you're digging it man! :kickass:

AshDLS - By the way, what's that animal on the crest on top of the shield?
They're called "Tiny Grizzly Bears". They only exist in Canada. It's a Grizzly bear, but the size of a house cat. :cool: Or, that might be a racoon.

By the way, what's that animal on the crest on top of the shield?

I'd have to guess it was either a wolverine or a badger.

David, the new songs are simply jaw-dropping. I'll admit I'm a raving fan-boy, but the new material is so undeniably passionate and atmospheric but at the same time cold and visceral. It's the perfect blend of what made Pursuit and Against the Seasons so great, all rolled into one. I can't wait to get my hands on my copy!

Edit: Probably not the kind of "constructive criticism" one would want, but still, I had to say it :D.

My first exposure to "Your Ontario Town" was at the Moonsorrow show. Loved it then - REALLY love it now. A metal anthem it most certainly is!

The new mixes of Northern Cold and Iron Grudge are fantastic, as well. I'm really liking the more defined keyboard sound. I'm really looking forward to the finished product. :headbang:

I really like the intro to this song has a great atmosphere. I also love the doomy part that begins around the 3:20 mark and the drumming behind it. I remember that part sounding fucking heavy and absolutley massive in the live environment. :headbang:

Also being an Ontario lad my whole life I can't help but feel some resonation to the lyrics. Great work my friends!

P.S. - You guys need to make that crest and phrase into posters! I would buy one for sure.

HAHAHAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS

I start playing Your Ontario Town, and someone's myspace in the background is playing Incubus... I just thought 'I will kill you, David Gold'. Then I realized. I'll formulate some opinions on YOT in a while. First listen now, who knows!