YT: Mesa Mark V

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Finally got a chance to record this amp again. And couple it with an oversized Mesa 4x12. Not my have cab, but for the video it looks good :)

Used the Mark IV mode. Amp settings and microphone placement is all covered in the video for those interested in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool video, I liked the tone! I really like it when you let us listen the guitars by themselves single and double tracked, you should do this in your other videos.

Did you get a chance to profile the markV with the kemper?

Also, do you have any plans for any other amps/kemper profiles comparisons in the future?

I dunno what it is but a Mesa Mark IV or V dual tracked just fills the spectrum in the most badass way. Maybe a bit more gain that I'd use on this clip but still sounds great. :)

Cool video, I liked the tone! I really like it when you let us listen the guitars by themselves single and double tracked, you should do this in your other videos.

Did you get a chance to profile the markV with the kemper?

Also, do you have any plans for any other amps/kemper profiles comparisons in the future?

Yeah it something I try to incorporate more If I remember it :D

No in respect of the owner I didn't ask if I could profile it. But I'm planning more Kemper profiles. I'm going to Belgium the 15th and will probably profile some diesels and engls there..

BTW thank you guys!

Ola, your MARK tones are your best tones.
WOW, so amazing.

I have a question:
What filters are you using on your camera (or post filters) and what settings do you use?
I love this kind of hot color you bring to the videos too.

Cheers!

Yeah it something I try to incorporate more If I remember it :D

No in respect of the owner I didn't ask if I could profile it. But I'm planning more Kemper profiles. I'm going to Belgium the 15th and will probably profile some diesels and engls there..

BTW thank you guys!

NO, thank YOU, when i get a Kemper later this hear i highly look forward to grabbing your profile mans, you are the man brother \m/

Fucking BRILLIANT. You make me glad I bought a Mark V. I haven't yet gotten it to sound quite that good though...

And that's with no boost right?

The IV is awesome but the V is perfect. The MK4 mode is better than the Mark IV itself in my opinion.

But then again the MK IV is easy to get a hold of for a great price today

If the Mark V had a rackmount version.. I'd be all over it. Having said that, my Mark IV is THE best amp.. I've ever EVER played. I love it... It's almost an organic love that my girlfriend still doesn't get :p

If the Mark V had a rackmount version.. I'd be all over it. Having said that, my Mark IV is THE best amp.. I've ever EVER played. I love it... It's almost an organic love that my girlfriend still doesn't get :p

I know what you mean!! Though I must say, ever since I threw a TS in front, it changed my world. :worship:

I know what you mean!! Though I must say, ever since I threw a TS in front, it changed my world. :worship:

Oh hells yeah! I'm in Drop B, so using a TS is a no brainer.. But literally running it on the old Drive 0, Tone 5, Level 5 setting is just PERFECT. Rhythms and leads, both incredible XD

Great tone ola. This thread inspired me to sort out some Markage on the axe II. Loving what this amp can do now. I always over looked it in the past as its been a bitch to dial in for me (always had flub problems, and other such yuck). Could be my new favourite sound, surpassing the trusty old 5150 now! It just about seems to make it into the tight high gain territory by a whisker on the axe fx II (plenty more scope on the real model right?) and seems to beat the rest in terms of balance/filling the tonal spectrum once it arrives there.