03/24: Odin's Court Headlining Jaxx/DVD Shoot

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
Hey all -

Being that this is a Prog/Power Metal forum with many folks here in the Mid-Atlantic region and many of you know Rick Pierpont our lead guitarist, I thought some folks may be interested in this.

Odin's Court is headlining the legendary Jaxx Nightclub in Springfield, VA on Friday, March 24th. It's all ages and only $10. If folks can come out, please buy tickets from us to save Ticketmaster charges and help support local music. You can get them here.

There will be 3 opening bands. One TBA, Unit 53 (Power Metal from VA), and Unbroken (Pantera type metal from MD).

And of course, our extended family and friends in http://www.division-usa.com will be sub-headlining going on right before us. If you haven't seen these guys lately, you're really missing out! Seriously - best live performance I've seen from any band in this genre in the last 2 years. Amazing energy and captivating live performance. Plus, they are super nice guys with good music. :)

Odin's Court is filiming our first DVD, and we are filming this high quality to make a nice product. We'd love to have a bunch of crazy Prog folks there to share it with us. If you are interested in hearing more from us, check us out on http://www.myspace.com/odinscourt MySpace to see what ya think. This event is doubling as our CD release party for ReDriven By Fate as well.

So come on out and help support the community if you can and remember to buy your tickets from us.

PROG ON!
- Matt, Odin's Court
:headbang:

@Mike - Sorry, great minds think alike. :D

@Imajica - Thanks for the compliment; hope you can make it!

Unca Kev - Will do - I was born in FL, and I've always wanted to play down there. Believe it or not, there is actually someone from South FL planning on coming to our show. :O

OdinsCourt said:
@Mike - Sorry, great minds think alike. :D

@Imajica - Thanks for the compliment; hope you can make it!

Unca Kev - Will do - I was born in FL, and I've always wanted to play down there. Believe it or not, there is actually someone from South FL planning on coming to our show. :O

Keep us posted man - you come to FL, me and Kev are there!

AngraRULES said:
Matt, have you been getting my emails?
No, not at all. :( I was wondering what happened to you! LOL Email me again please, or try my Google account (my UM.com user name @google.com). You can always PM me here as well.

@Burke - Will do! :hotjump:

@Everonn - Thanks!! :)

Thanks for all those who have pledged their support for this show! It is very important to Odin's Court as a band and for me as an individual. Yes, times have changed and it is "easier" for bands to have DVDs now, but it is still something very special and to actually get the chance to headline at a club that is so well known in the PP circles where we are used to being squeezed into a very small space when opening for nationals.

Additionally, to be sharing the stage that night with some of the mid-Atlantic's top up-and-coming acts is awesome -- especially our brothers in Division! Not to slight anyone else with us that night, but I've been working with these guys for over 3 years now in the last two bands I've played in (including OC). They are absolute professionals and after the show we did with them this past Saturday in Baltimore -- I know that they are just getting started! Thanks Mike and crew for being the band that you are -- I look forward to working with y'all for as long as we are all still cranking out music! :headbang: :headbang:

Kev & Burke, thanks for popping in! Hell, I hate the cold, I should MOVE to FL! :lol: I'm sure we will play there at some point in the future!

Imajica, I hope that you make it too! You should just get a big group together, buy your tickets now and just plan on being there! Its going to be a very cool night!

Chris (Everonn), glad to see you are coming! Hell, we always bump into each other at shows up and down the east coast (including PP), why miss another opportunity?!?! Thanks for the support!

Rick Pierpont said:
Excellent! How are you doing these days? I wish you a speedy recovery! :)

RIck,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Still going slow, still in PT and still off of work. Gonna be looking for a new job once I'm healed so I don't have to go back to the old stressful one. Looking forward to seeing ya again at the show.

Hugs

C

@No-Mercy: Great news Greg! I'm glad things worked out well afterall!! Banner year for you, eh? get to travel to the infamous Jaxx to see us and some other kick ass bands AND you finally get to enjoy the magic of PP!

@Coldie: You're welcome. Not quite the banner year for you yet, is it. Although you get to go to the same two shows ;) Then again, you are very used to Jaxx and very used to PP by now. Still awesome in its own right. Still looking for that perfect job? Good luck! Talk to you soon!

Video crew confirmed!! We're looking at multi-camera, and they'll all be high broadcast quality 3-chip SVHS. We have a pro soundguy doing prefader multi-track recording too. So we should end up with a very nice product!

Anyone else interested in attending? We're hoping to see a lot of you there!

Rick Pierpont said:
@No-Mercy: Great news Greg! I'm glad things worked out well afterall!! Banner year for you, eh? get to travel to the infamous Jaxx to see us and some other kick ass bands AND you finally get to enjoy the magic of PP!

indeed! i cant wait, awesome year for me!! like you said, you guys plus some other awesomes ones at JAXX first time, PP first time...but, i am also seeing dragonforce on their tour, kamelot on their tour, and hopefully blind guardian if they come over here!!!

eaeolian said:
Make sure you yell loud during our set, too, since we're recording it for a live CD. People who come to the show are pretty much assured of being recorded in some fashion, so you'd best be good. :lol:
Yeah man, its going to be a fun night for sure!

Out of curiousity, what's the updated list of people from this forum that is going to be at the show?