2 new Nickelback tunes

1) Chad Kroeger cannot write for shit

2) Chad Kroeger cannot sing for shit

3)Nickleback is not on Metal Archives.

All three together = They are not metal, period.

He clearly can write and sing well enough for more people to buy his shit than Nightwish. Feelsbadman? By the way, since when did singing well = metal anyways? I mean don't get me wrong, I personally don't consider them a metal band, but who cares? I actually think he's a strong singer with a monster voice that doesn't at all suit the music they play.

and also LOL at Metal Archives mattering at anything except in the top websites that go well with Cheetos and loneliness list.

He clearly can write and sing well enough for more people to buy his shit than Nightwish.

Dude come on. When they released Silver Side Up, yes, they were very fresh, very exciting, and actually sounded like they had potential. But anyone west of Michigan and south of the great lakes wouldn't have had any idea who they were, and the only reason anyone outside of Canada knew of them was because their radio stations bled through to the USA, or the North East radio stations had their ear on Canada's scene. The problem was everything they've released since they ended up on the Spiderman sound track has been drull, rehashed garbage.

I'll even admit there's been a few songs they've put out that've been pretty entertaining, but for every one of those there's been a slew of lewd, horseshit singles that are boring and samey. Don't you think if say, The Tragically Hip or even The Tea Party ended up on some big movie production they'd have blown up even harder and not been subjected to becoming an internet meme for terrible? Canada has such great music. Nickleback was ruined by fame, IMO.

The only reason they've sold more than nightwish is because they produce easily digested and simply marketed music. Brittany Spears outsells nightwish too, does that mean her songs are written "better"?

Posting about hard rock bands is as proud a tradition on this forum as posting about extreme metal bands. The ProgPower fanbase bleeds into these other genres pretty comfortably. I hate Nickelback(except for a few songs on the last album), but I do like quite a bit of AOR and modern top 40 rock. I'd much rather hear about the latest Frontiers release than hear about Opeth or Trivium again.

Posting about hard rock bands is as proud a tradition on this forum as posting about extreme metal bands. The ProgPower fanbase bleeds into these other genres pretty comfortably. I hate Nickelback(except for a few songs on the last album), but I do like quite a bit of AOR and modern top 40 rock. I'd much rather hear about the latest Frontiers release than hear about Opeth or Trivium again.

And I'd rather chop off my finger, shellac it, and use it as a letter opener, than listen to most Frontiers releases! Gotta love opinions.

My local sports radio station does a Preposterous Statement Tournament each year, where they take the 64 most preposterous statements made regarding sports (e.g Steve Young, referring to Drew Brees: "Toughest job in football, maybe the toughest job in the country") and slot them all in an NCAA bastetball-style tournament to work their way down to the most preposterous. If such an event is ever held for metal, I think we have a #1 seed for the one of the Regionals:

Nickelback is metal

He clearly can write and sing well enough for more people to buy his shit than Nightwish. Feelsbadman? By the way, since when did singing well = metal anyways? I mean don't get me wrong, I personally don't consider them a metal band, but who cares? I actually think he's a strong singer with a monster voice that doesn't at all suit the music they play.

and also LOL at Metal Archives mattering at anything except in the top websites that go well with Cheetos and loneliness list.
Come on, Kroeger is a hack and you know he is. Payola and a change in Canada's Media Laws (Which required radio stations to increase airplay from Canadian acts to, if I am not mistaken, 2/3 of the play hours) got Nickelback to where they are. That is because the Program Directors up in Canada had to run crazy looking for anything to fill the hours. Hell, If Nightwish, Emperor, and Immortal were Canadian acts around 2000, they very well might have been, and become, far bigger than they are. That, and coupled with a push from the Majors, rammed Nickelback down our throats.

The sad fact is that with enough payola, Emperor could be a Number One act here in the US. Hell, Van Canto could be challenging the Peas for A-List status with the payola the Peas get. That is the reality of the music business.

Oh, since you want people to lay down their source, here is mine: http://www.allmusic.com/artist/nickelback-p410589/biography Go to paragraph 3.

And, what is your hard-on with the Metal Archives? Found some nice underground bands, and it is the first site I check after the PPUSA bands are announced. Gives me enough ammo to go figure out if I would like a band or not. Especially if I fine a lonely video I like on YouTube. :)

Come on, Kroeger is a hack and you know he is. Payola and a change in Canada's Media Laws (Which required radio stations to increase airplay from Canadian acts to, if I am not mistaken, 2/3 of the play hours) got Nickelback to where they are. That is because the Program Directors up in Canada had to run crazy looking for anything to fill the hours. Hell, If Nightwish, Emperor, and Immortal were Canadian acts around 2000, they very well might have been, and become, far bigger than they are. That, and coupled with a push from the Majors, rammed Nickelback down our throats.

That has nothing to do with the millions of albums sold worldwide, and the thousands of people that fill arenas worldwide to see them. I'll be clear, I LOVE Canada. It is a beautiful country, I love their government programs, I love their food, and I love many of their artists. However, Canada is one of the worst music markets in the world. Selling 15,000-20,000 albums in Canada (not first week, but for a whole cycle) is generally considered a success and anything over 50,000 is rare and a huge deal. There's a reason why most North American tours only usually hit up Montreal, Toronto, and maybe Winnipeg: because those are the only markets where people give a fuck really.

Here's an example: Ninjaspy is a great Canadian band that opened for Coheed and Cambria over there and draws HUGE crowds all over the country. No record deal. Nobody outside of Canada cares. Nickelback's success came from Silver Side Up going Platinum in the US. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. MTV played it, and people bought it.

The sad fact is that with enough payola, Emperor could be a Number One act here in the US. Hell, Van Canto could be challenging the Peas for A-List status with the payola the Peas get. That is the reality of the music business.

Not really. Most big bands got big because they invested money sure, but that investment is in things like a van, gas, things to keep you on the road, a record, etc. Poring blood sweat and tears gets you signed and subsequently gets you big, not getting on College radio or whatever. Emperor never worked very hard over here, and that's why they never got that big. After all, why would Emperor want to have to pay tour support and lose money on Rockstar Mayhem Fest or tour support for bus rental to open for Metallica, when they could make tens of thousands playing 3 small shows and force promoters to sell tickets at ridiculous prices?

And, what is your hard-on with the Metal Archives? Found some nice underground bands, and it is the first site I check after the PPUSA bands are announced. Gives me enough ammo to go figure out if I would like a band or not. Especially if I fine a lonely video I like on YouTube. :)

Metal Archives makes Dungeons and Dragons boards look good. Why would I have a hard on for it? I find it informative sometimes, but I'm not the one basing my criteria for cool on it...