4th of July plans!

I'd like to do what I did last year, go out to my friend's place in the country and do things really fun, but he's gone for the fourth, dammit. Nothing like having fireworks wars with bottle rockets, smoke grenades, crackle balls, and the immortal artillery shell! muahaha! He lives on a pretty extensive bit of property too, with good natural terrain for a battle =). Anyway, this year, I'm taking my miniscule 24 shells and 6 roman candles to my uncles to have a BBQ, family get together (yuck), and see the best damn show around. A combined total of over $1500 have been spent, it's gonna be sweet!

I taught a unit on Canada to sixth graders, because it was the last chance they'll ever get 'cause 8 - 12 is all europe, 3rd world, american civics and politics and history. One kid wrote in his report "Canada are our dorky neighbors to the north. We could have had the whole country, but who would want it, it is cold and there is nothing there. Plus Canada hasn't kicked butt in war like we have, so I wouldn't want to go."