A new Blind Guardian release

I'd rather they take this long and give us albums that are worth the wait than crank out mediocre albums every 18 months.

This.

Blind Guardian is basically my favorite band of all time, but if they had said At the Edge of Time was their final album - I would've been thrilled. Would've been the perfect conclusion to their studio albums. I really have no idea where they could POSSIBLY take their music from here on out, and I really hope they don't ever become mediocre. I guess we'll see what happens!

I just hope I get a chance to see them another 10+ times in my life, since i've only seen them once so far and Hansi's turning 50...

I'd rather they take this long and give us albums that are worth the wait than crank out mediocre albums every 18 months.
Indeed. Too many bands get caught up in that 18 month cycle (understandably so) of releasing music regardless of whether or not they've written quality music or not. I'd prefer a band take its time and get it right.

Blind Guardian upstairs?!?! You are way too optimistic bro. :)

JUST ONE OF MANY TOURDATES.

Let me dream damn it. And then when you crush said dream, I can get mad at you for not providing us with a three hour Blind Guardian set. :loco:

Man, if I ever saw Demons & Wizards, i'd be pissed if Owens or Barlow tried stealing Hansi's flame. :D

BLIND GUARDIAN - BEYOND THE RED MIRROR ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED

"...Beyond The Red Mirror will be the title of the highly-anticipated tenth studio album by Germany’s favorite sons and metal’s most epic storytellers Blind Guardian. Prepare to have your senses overwhelmed.

Four-and-a-half years in the making, the follow-up to 2010’s At The Edge Of Time (which debuted at #2 on the German album charts and at #1 on the American Billboard Heatseekers chart and #108 on the American Billboard Top 200 Albums chart) is scheduled for release in Europe on January 30th, and February 3rd in North America...."

p1965l57lgb3u1hrm15afvbf1doc4.jpg

p1965l6sqc1vhned9129t1vgt1rc04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This better have a U.S. tour. But I actually like that second cover. Pretty cool. Instant preorder as soon as I see it on Nuclear Blast.