A question regarding Prog Power

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I have a question, hopefully an answer can be based on past ProgPowers. The theater is general admission; does the floor usually fill up first or the do the seats? And secondly when waiting to get it in to the show, how early should you arrive before the doors open? These may seem like silly questions, but my wife has a bad back, and can't be on her feet for too long. So If she's not comfortable, that would definetly take away from the enjoyment of the show. Thanks in advance

Well, last year it depended upon who was playing. Given the duration of the show, people would often sit for their less favorite bands, and stand near the stage for the bands that they really liked. Also keep in mind that last year I think that only 800 of a possible 1,300 seats were sold. So, there was room regardless of whether you wanted to sit or stand.

GZ

It's going to be tough to answer this despite the experience of the past event because I expect a complete sell-out (1,200) compared to 750 sold (600ish actual attendance) last year.

Last year, everyone moved up and down from the seats to the floor and back again. With the place being packed, I don't see that being possible this year. I do see the hardcore fans for each band leaving their seats and heading to the floor. So perhaps it will still work out after all.

My suggestion to you is get in line early. Folks were lined up about an hour before the doors opened last year. I can see the same thing happening again, if not earlier, this time. You should get in line early and then simply have your wife join you prior to the doors opening at 4:30pm to the general public. Then grab your seats immediately. You can then swap out and go cd shopping, etc.

Please bear in mind that there will be 250 Gold Gadge members allowed in the door an hour before the regular public so don't be shocked when you see all those people go before you despite you having been in line longer.

Glenn H