A Vulnerability so strong I have never felt before

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
Wow,

This is my 2nd day back at work after 5 months off recuperating from my ankle surgery and this morning I was called in to see the gaffer whom told me that one of my colleagues passed away last night, this is the 2nd person in my life that I knew that has died being younger than me

I am stunned, I am 37 years old and Mike's passing was the 1st time that a friend and someone that I knew was younger than me when they left this realm, my colleague was only 34 and he leaves behind an 8 month old daughter and now this is a 2nd person younger than me that I have been close has now moved on and I am suddenly am feeling extremely vulnerable as I have suddenly realised that I can go anytime soon as well

This feeling of vulnerability has shaken me to the core a wee bit and I am feeling slightly lost, I am not scared off death as I know that it will happen to us all but I feel like that I haven't actually lived my life yet and it's only starting now

Embrace life and feel the joy in every moment, try and let nothing let you down as what is the point? We will all die anyway

R.I.P Der

Ah sorry to hear about that.

R.I.P

I used to think about death and even wish death upon myself, I didn't even care if I died tomorrow.

But since I've got someone in my life who I love more then anyhting I don't think like that and I know I could die anytime so I just live everyday as it comes and just get the most out of what I have with my time with her.

I also sometimes wish death upon myself... But then I get scared of dying and listen to metal so its all good:lol:

But seriously, sorry to hear that Slatanic:( Hope you get over it soon.

I'm terrified of dying... even though it's the one great inevitability! How dumb is that?!

I lived my life for someone else for a few years but it's actually better when you're happy on your own... that way you can be happy either way.

Aye, I know, believe me. When you're long term single it's a common feeling... But having had the perspective of living with your other half for 5 years, you learn after a while that actually it can be good to be on your own sometimes!