Airfare from NYC

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
What's the best way to fly down to Atlanta? I'm looking to leave Friday morning around 8, and would be returning Sunday afternoon. If possible, I'd like to fly out of LGA. THE BEST fare I've found so far is $215, but there's gotta be cheaper plane tix..

While you might not find much cheaper, you will have to deal with their more-than-50% chance of delays & flight cancellations. As someone who spends more than their fair share of time in-n-out of airports, my recommendation is to stick to non-stop major carriers. They all fly to Atlanta. Right now, United, Delta (for which Atlanta is their major hub) & Continental are all running $226 r/t from Newark to Hartsfield Int'l. I'm sure there are similar fares from JFK or LAG.

While I did have a delay the one time I flew out of LGA on AirTran, I've had no more problems with them flying out of Dulles and Atlanta than I have had with any other airline.

Jim in DC

Thanks for your help..it looks like I just might go with Airtran for about $215. A guy from Atlanta actually recommended them to me at a Dream Theater show up here in NY back in March. Since my flight would be at nine..a delay wouldn't KILL my trip.