Ancient Dreams supporting Trouble this weekend

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Very excited to report we were asked to play this Sunday with Trouble, Rival, and Iron Finger.

Here are the details:
ALL AGES
Sunday November 2, 6PM

Trouble (Special Psalm 9 Show!)
Rival
Iron Finger
Ancient Dreams

Tailgaters
431 W Boughton Road
Bolingbrook, IL

Very excited to report we were asked to play this Sunday with Trouble, Rival, and Iron Finger.

Here are the details:
ALL AGES
Sunday November 2, 6PM

Trouble (Special Psalm 9 Show!)
Rival
Iron Finger
Ancient Dreams

Tailgaters
431 W Boughton Road
Bolingbrook, IL

Nice one. That has to be a good feeling for you.

Nice one. That has to be a good feeling for you.

Thanks.
Yes we were not going to play any gigs for quite a while (aside from the Raven / Manilla Road show). Got asked and couldnt pass!

Playing with Trouble twice in one year and with Manilla Road again certainly does not suck.

Sorry we get asked to play good gigs.

We only played 4 shows I think so far this year.

You can slap us if we do a buy on for a tour we don't fit.

inbeforeAngraRules

I don't know how things are up in Chicago but Jason I have to ask and be honest; does Chicago like Ancient Dreams so much that there is such a demand for you guys on all these shows? Or are they totally sick of you guys because of the over-saturation? It seems you guys are opening every show up there. You guys are the Division (now Sound of Thunder) of Chicago.
So do you guys bring so many heads in that local promoters keep demanding for Ancient Dreams? Not being in Chicago I have no idea, but you do seem to play your hometown often. Are there even other bands in Chicago?

I wouldn't say there is demand but I think we do fine.

We are out of all our demos, tapes, and sold half our shirts and patches.

It's to the point where we get asked to play gigs which is good.

There are plenty of bands in the scene.

Issue is most don't know how to properly promote themselves.

I bet every city has at least one ubiquitous local band that opens every metal show. Around here it’s Seax. About 20-25 years ago it was Candy Striper Death Orgy.

Yep. And here it is Scars of Armageddon, Wrath, ScreamKing, etc....

I don't see how us having played literally 4 shows this year so far (one being out of town) puts AD in that category.