And the winner is..(Nightwish)

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Anette......

?

The Nightwish site is not working very well so all I got was the name. They have promo pics & a bio up.

I don't know!!!! It only says the first name on the news page.

24.05.2007 - The new singer
The day we have all been waiting for is finally here. Today, Nightwish introduce their new lead singer.

So without further ado, click the following links to get to know Liv Sarah Marcela Vibeke (the first four names are all crossed out) Anette...

? Anette's fact file
? Interview with Anette
? Video-greetings from Anette

? Promotional photos: #1 #2
? Promotional band photos: #1 #2

Wikipedia is updated with the name Anette Olzon.
A google search comes up with nothing on the name so she truly may be an unknown singer.

promo-anette2.jpg

promo-anette.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/elnorra/promo-nightwish1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/elnorra/promo-band.jpg

I saved them to my photobucket so there wouldn't be issues with the images loading.

http://www.nightwish.com/en/band/members/facts?id=16

The Band - Members
Learn more about Anette

Name:
Anette Olzon

Birthday:
21 June 1971

Place of residence:
Sweden

Hobbies:
Exercising, clothes, reading books and taking long walks in the wild.

Vices:
None ;=)

Musical background:
I was raised in a musical family and I've been singing since childhood. My mom also forced me to play the oboe for 8 years! I toured constantly with my mom and her band in my childhood, sometimes I even sang on stage with them.

After I turned 13, I started competing in several talent shows. I joined my first real band when I was 17, it was a cover band and all the other musicians were older than me. After playing cover songs, I joined a band called Alyson Avenue, first just as a studio singer, later as their leading lady. We've released 2 albums since 2000.

At the age of 21, I played the leading role in a rock opera/musical called "Gränsland" in Helsingborg. After that I got in to the Balettakademien in Gothenburg. In addition to the already mentioned, I've been in several other bands over the years, I've sung in choirs, done studio work for various projects and I've even occasionally been a wedding singer. Recently I sang a duet with Michael Bormann (ex-Jaded Heart-singer) on his album "Conspiracy". During my singing career I've sung nearly every kind of music that there is!

In my earlier days I took singing lessons at the Copenhagen Music Conservatorie, in Helsingör, Denmark with a private teacher. Nowadays, when its needed, I take lessons from a private teacher at the Malmö Music University.

Cool. An unknown. Was hoping for that. Nice photos. Looks good with the band too.
promo-nightwish1.jpg

Looking forward to hearing more of her singing. Not finding anything on the web yet.

So did she get married? Her name was Anette Blykert...

She has an awesome voice though. There's a warmth to that voice... I really can't wait to hear her do some of the old songs.

I think this whole publicity stunt is silly... they wait and wait to release the name of the new vocalist -- as if it's some sort of earth-shattering band shakeup -- and then, when they finally do, it's someone that none of us have heard of. Although, at the same time, I have to give them some props, for going with a 36-year-old... it seems like most of these bands hire the late-teens/early-20s cute little girls to sing in their band, for aesthetic purposes.

I guess booB, but with an open audition the chances for it being a complete unknown were pretty high.

BTW. She's not a soprano. Very interesting selection (if somebody more vocally focused than me wants to say she's a soprano go ahead =D, just listening to her older band she doesn't sound like a soprano, but she might have the range...).

Out of the blue she came!

Suffice to say, the ballad Eva is just a teaser and presentation of her soft side for the wider audience. We're going to hear something quite different later this year, I'm sure.

I guess booB, but with an open audition the chances for it being a complete unknown were pretty high.

BTW. She's not a soprano. Very interesting selection (if somebody more vocally focused than me wants to say she's a soprano go ahead =D, just listening to her older band she doesn't sound like a soprano, but she might have the range...).

Well, in the diary she did say there was a song that required her to sing higher than she's used to so I assumed she wasn't your typical soprano voice.

As for Cloudscape.. yes.

Patrik Svard played/plays guitars in Alyson Avenue (guitarist for Cloudscape), and Roger Landin used to play drums in Alyson Avenue (drummer for Cloudscape).

Folks;

What you just witnessed was sheer genius in the picking of a frontwoman. Anette Olzon has the backbone and the chops to pull off anything that Tuomas throws at her. The biggest thing is that she comes off humble. And, after the old fronwoman, humble is what Nightwish needs. Nightwish has gotten the greatest gift of a spectacular upgrade.

So, without further ado, WELCOME ABOARD, ANETTE! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: