Andromeda - The Immunity Zone 2008 (new album)

Ben101

Shreddy McFuntits
Aug 9, 2008
Melbourne, Australia.
The new album by the Swedish prog metal band Andromeda will be called The Immunity Zone and will be released in the US on September 16 on Nightmare records.

Here's a link to the blog about it.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=45986706&blogID=416550674

...and heres a link to some samples!
http://nightmare-records.com/NMR/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=2

I thought Chimera was the bands strongest album to date combining the hooks of Extension with the melodies and progressive song writing of II = I but far more memorable. I can't wait for the new album, the samples sound promising so check them out.

Well it leaked and I am now just over halfway into it.

I really think so far that it could very well be their best album yet. They seem to have finally found a good balance of the melody of EotW and technicality of II=I this time around. I also am really enjoying the use of keyboard being plentiful and not just covered up in the background of the rest of the music.

Im really upset i expected so much more out of this album... I really do dig "Slaves of the Plethora Season" and "Another Step" but other than that :erk: its pretty mehh... I havent listened to "Veil of Illumination" yet

Im really upset i expected so much more out of this album... I really do dig "Slaves of the Plethora Season" and "Another Step" but other than that :erk: its pretty mehh... I havent listened to "Veil of Illumination" yet

"Slaves of the Plethora Season" is one of my favorite tracks too. I really like the keyboard melody they put in there.

For those that are not impressed with the new album I am wondering what you thought of "Chimera"? Just wondering because even though I thought it was "ok" I think "The Immunity Zone" is a step up from it.

I only Own Extension of the Wish and II=I, EOTW is a top 10 record of all time for me and II=I is solid but theres a few dud songs. Anyways i think one of the things that turned me off TIZ was this new dark sound there going for with the lyrics, and the lack of keyboard licks...and solos for that matter

I plan on getting Chimera soon:)

"Slaves of the Plethora Season" is one of my favorite tracks too. I really like the keyboard melody they put in there.

For those that are not impressed with the new album I am wondering what you thought of "Chimera"? Just wondering because even though I thought it was "ok" I think "The Immunity Zone" is a step up from it.

I love Chimera, its my favourite Andromeda album easily. I wasn't really sure why everyone thinks bad of Chimera, but then again it was the first Andromeda album I heard so maybe if I had heard the earlier proggier albums first I might think differently. I just love how its one of the few prog albums I own where every song is memorable and outstanding.

To be honest I have not given TIZ the attention it deserves yet, I thought I would because of how much I love the previous album, but it didn't really grab me after first listen and I havn't really gone back to give it a proper chance to absorb. I will though, I have a long drive tomorrow so Ill burn it and hopefully digest it properly tomorrow. As fr the song Veil of Illumination, its an awesome epic.