Angra news

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
For those of you who saw this on BWBK this AM, I wanted to clearly state that this is news to me-- I was shocked to see this as Im sure you are. I value the confidentiality of my discussions with the bands and their management with very high regard as I know Glenn does. We did everything possible to try to get Angra to play at my show, but in the end, the visa issues were to0 difficult to overcome. Angra's management was very professional, and I have the utmost respect for them. I will pursue this to see how this was inaccurately portrayed in the press--I am in the dark right now.. Hopefully, we will see Angra again in North America- I know we are all looking forward to it.

It appears that the Brazilian metallers ANGRA might have once again split into two definitive camps, vocalist Edu Falaschi's ALMAH recruiting the remnants apart from the guitar tandem of Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt (sound familiar, deja vu?). Almah is scheduled to tour in 2008. Bittencourt has reportedly made amends with ex-singer Andre Matos, who put his SHAAMAN project on ice earlier this year. Much of the speculation stems from a canceled appearance at the Bay Area Rock Fest, where management informed the promoter that Angra had "separated." Rumors of a retrospective DVD release have also surfaced.

I think they just read my post on this board and thought I was talking about Barfest, when it was actually a festival in Brazil. Pretty irresponsible of a news site to start publishing stuff like that.

Visas? Who needs a Visa. They are just coming to take a vacation, and like to bring their instruments along with them. Add yep seems they read into Braxil's post incorrectly. Pretty clear it wasn't BARfest though, since it wasn't rescheduled.

I made it to BraveWords!! Woo Hoo!!! LOL hahahahahaha j/k

I still wanna see an official statement clearing up all of it once and for all.