Any Heavy Metal youth out there?

dtmetalfan69

Southside Rocker
Mar 23, 2005
Chitown IL
Hey guys and girls. I am new the the forum, and I have been reading it for a while now and I would like to get into the chats with you guys. I will be coming to the prog power festival as well. I was just wondering if there are any younger kids getting into the scene too. I have a boyfriend and he has a little sister and I am teaching her all the metal songs that I can think of. Might as well start them early, right? Well, she is only five and I got her singing "The Final Countdown" by Europe. Any other rockin' babies out there?

Keep Rockin'
SaMetal :headbang:

I'm 17, which is kind of young. I'll be 18 in time for progpower, which is exciting because the whole reason I could never go to progpower in the past was because I am too young to check into a hotel by myself (there is no way in hell my parents would ever go to this thing with me). I'm sure there are younger people on this forum, but if any of them have ever been to progpower before, then they have some damn cool parents...or they live in Atlanta.

I'm fifteen. This will be my first Prog-Power. We have relatives in Atlanta that we stay with when we drive down there for shows. It's just four hours away.

GuyWhoLikesProg said:
I'm 17, which is kind of young. I'll be 18 in time for progpower, which is exciting because the whole reason I could never go to progpower in the past was because I am too young to check into a hotel by myself (there is no way in hell my parents would ever go to this thing with me). I'm sure there are younger people on this forum, but if any of them have ever been to progpower before, then they have some damn cool parents...or they live in Atlanta.

My mom is the reason I have even heard of Prog Power the festival and the music. My parents have been to I, II, and V and they only missed III and IV because they had obligations for my younger sister which they could not miss. They will be back this year for VI and they ARE damn cool parents!! :headbang:

Oh yah, my little sister was able to come last year also (her first time) and she'll be back this year. We're the most bad ass PP family ever! :headbang:

I'm not that young though......my parents just rule.

I just got my godson a new guitar. He's outgrown his mini-scale learner guitar, and now it's time to teach him some good riffage on a good guitar.

But I'll have to wean him off the Green Day. Damnit. DIO! Not Green Day! DIO!!!

And I'll get him a decent effects pedalboard for his birthday, cuz he loves the big stadium echo and chorus sound my brother's got on one of his rig's settings. Heh heh.

Bad Girl Tess said:
My mom is the reason I have even heard of Prog Power the festival and the music. My parents have been to I, II, and V and they only missed III and IV because they had obligations for my younger sister which they could not miss. They will be back this year for VI and they ARE damn cool parents!! :headbang:

Oh yah, my little sister was able to come last year also (her first time) and she'll be back this year. We're the most bad ass PP family ever! :headbang:

I'm not that young though......my parents just rule.

I can attest to the fact that your parents are not only cool but very metal as well!!! Which is doubly awesome!!!

Do you remember my Eddie Haskel turnaround when I met your Dad LOL

Bear

I started listening to metal when I was about 14 years old... I'm 20 now...

It's very cool to see young kids into metal... The other day I was at a music store trying some amps and I began playing the intro for Symphony X's inferno... Two kids who were no more than 13 years old ran towards me and told me they loved Inferno and Michael Romeo... Then, I was playing Queensryche, and guess what? They knew the song!!

Bear said:
I can attest to the fact that your parents are not only cool but very metal as well!!! Which is doubly awesome!!!

Do you remember my Eddie Haskel turnaround when I met your Dad LOL

Bear

HAHA! Yes, we all remember!! That was so freaking hilarious (even my dad thinks so ;) ) I forget what exactly you were saying when it all happened.......I just remember being like, Uh, Bear, this is my dad. HAHA!!

I was 15 at PP4 and I will be 17 at PP6...I broke the barrier for the youngens at PP hahahaha :D

My 4 year old brother is upset because he can't go to Progpower with me this year, he begs my mom and my stepdad all the time, of course he thinks green day is playing so... :erk:

The Final Countdown is Definitely a SICK song, regardless of how many times it was on the radio way back before I ever heard it on the radio.

Im 16, been listening to metal for about 4 years now, will be attending my first prog power this year, Hopefully not my last either.

I dont know what you consider young, but I am 21 now and I always been listening to metal just not real metal. Like I used to listen to nu metal and hair metal, but I have graduated to progpower. This will be my first progpower and I am more pumped for this concert than any other ever.

peace

Yippee38 said:
Uhm. Sorry, but "The Final Countdown" is an embarassment to metal.

I hate to admit it but I have "The final countdown" on cassette tucked away in a closet somewhere. :oops:

It is very fucking annoying though when there are kids who're younger (say from 14 to 16 or so) that think they know everything about metal and think they're always right... There's a few cases in this message board...

The Final Countdown is a damn cool song! lol