ANY IMPELLITTERI FANS

8a396b1fbdbefcfc6b7b80d578f0e666.jpg

Screaming Symphony and Wicked Maiden are both solid, but my favorite is still Stand In Line, their first full length. But then I'm a Graham Bonnett fan. Sue me. :loco:

Didn't realize wanting Impellitteri at PP was beating a dead horse. I'm guessing maybe they're not easy to book or whatever.

Screaming Symphony and Wicked Maiden are both solid, but my favorite is still Stand In Line, their first full length. But then I'm a Graham Bonnett fan. Sue me. :loco:

Didn't realize wanting Impellitteri at PP was beating a dead horse. I'm guessing maybe they're not easy to book or whatever.

I think the beating a dead horse was about the complaining about repeat bands and not booking Impellitteri

I think the beating a dead horse was about the complaining about repeat bands and not booking Impellitteri

I was commenting on PM1metal1's comment:

"This is just another prime example of why I'm always bitching about repeat after repeat at ProgPower. The fact that Impellitteri hasn't played yet and other bands are repeating 2, 3, 4 times is criminal on every level. Great band."

Maybe the dead horse complaint was about fans dissing repeat bands in general, not going to say I can read someone's intentions with their comments, I was just saying I'd like to see Impellitteri at PP. And maybe less repeat bands would open a slot, I don't know. It could be the repeat bands are a big draw. I don't spend much time trying to figure out the best draw at PP, that's someone else's gig. But there will be people (me included) who will voice opinions on bands they'd like to see at PP.

I guess your friend Rob Rock lives near you down there, maybe you can twisted a few arms. Well not Impellitteri's, he may need them to play with. Ha

I consulted with Rob about the band's availability a few years ago. He confirmed they were looking for gigs. This is a band with a cult status in the US that nobody I know has ever seen live. They're fronted by one of the greatest guitarists alive and THE VOICE as far as I'm concerned. They need to play here in the US at some point...PP would be the perfect venue IMHO.

I consulted with Rob about the band's availability a few years ago. He confirmed they were looking for gigs. This is a band with a cult status in the US that nobody I know has ever seen live. They're fronted by one of the greatest guitarists alive and THE VOICE as far as I'm concerned. They need to play here in the US at some point...PP would be the perfect venue IMHO.

Tell it. Yeah it would be a perfect match, not just for Impellitteri's guitar work, but looking at how well Rob Rock went over in his PP appearance.

I would agree, Impellitteri would be a plus for the festival, IMO. But I don't think they fit Glenn's plans of appealing to a younger audience. For better or worse, Impellitteri is an older band which performs classic hard rock and power metal. Hell they don't even growl ... Thank God. Although it might bring in more of the middle-aged rockers with higher incomes.
Also, I don't know if Glenn likes them. He has said, on more than one occasion, that he's not going to book a band which he dislikes or has no interest in. Hence the reason you won't see Van Canto grace the stage at PPUSA.
At the end of the day, its his festival. He's doing the heavy lifting in terms of time, sweat and money.

just to throw my 2 cents in, I haven't heard anything from Impellitteri since the first album, nothing against Impellitteri at all, I think some of you may be overestimating their ability to draw an audience to the fest.