Any NBA fans out there?

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
This year's Western Conference playoff is gonna rule. The East, well, it's nice to see the Nets and Celtics win games, but the winner of the East is gonna get swept right out of the Finals. Anyway, as a Laker fan, I'm gunning for the 3peat. However, on paper coming into this season this looked like the best Jackson led Laker squad yet, but, Walker, Richmond, and Hunter have all contributed nothing, so I think this is Jacksons thinnest squad. We know Bryant and Shaq will show up for the playoffs, but Fox, Horry, Shaw, and Fisher are gonna have to step it up for the 3peat. The Spurs, Blazers, Kings, and Mavericks are all capable of toppling the Lakers. And the Jazz, Sonics, and T-Wolves ain't too shabby. In any case, this could be the best conference playoff ever.

Keep in mind that last year going in to the playoffs, people thought that the Lakers weren't playing up to their potential, but then the playoffs came and they just turned it on. 15-1 later, nobody was questioning their ability. I think we'll see the same thing this year. As soon as the playoffs start, I don't think anyone will touch them.

You are right, though, in that the only teams that do have a chance are from the West. The actual championship series will be a mere formality.

I think the East (as a whole) spent the entire 90's building teams to try and compete with the Bulls, and now they are either over the hill (the Heat) or just financially strapped (the knicks) or rebuilding (the pacers). The Nets, Celtics, and Pistons are way worse than their records indicate.....it will take the east a few years to catch up. As far as the Lakers go, I think we'll see more intensity from them in the playoffs for sure, I'm just saying if Jackson gets this team a ring, this will be his best coaching accomplishment ever. The rotation going into the playoffs this year will be tight. Expect big minutes from Shaw and Horry, two vets that wait until the clutch to do anything. It should be fun.

Originally posted by one man stands
As a Timberwolves fan, I just hope we can make it out of the first round!

The Western Conference is top heavy, that is for sure! It will be hard for the T-wolves to get out of the first round. I would love to see them knock off someone like Sacto, Port, SA, or the Mavs, so the Lakers don't have to!