Anyone else feel this same way about the show this year?

See: " I don't need any dickheaded comments from State College, PA".

Dude, an opinion is one thing, but to be an absolute imbecile is something completely different. Nostalgia act? Established, proven and ongoing success doesn't equal nostalgia. By your estimation, any band who existed before 1990 would be nostalgia, I guess. How do the Maids get tours all over Europe and Japan every year? How do they rank among the headliners every year. Not one band you've ever supported on here can even make a festival outside of a side tent. And you're the same guy who suggested Geoff Tate? Nostalgia, dude because he'd be doing Queensryche songs and he's not even interested in doing those songs.

It irks me with guys like you who want something obscure so they can feel like they're "onto something". Don't worry, nobody listens to the bands you suggest so you can still be the cool and "eclectic" guy over there Cafe 210.

woosta said:
See: " I don't need any dickheaded comments from State College, PA".

Dude, an opinion is one thing, but to be an absolute imbecile is something completely different. Nostalgia act? Established, proven and ongoing success doesn't equal nostalgia. By your estimation, any band who existed before 1990 would be nostalgia, I guess. How do the Maids get tours all over Europe and Japan every year? How do they rank among the headliners every year. Not one band you've ever supported on here can even make a festival outside of a side tent. And you're the same guy who suggested Geoff Tate? Nostalgia, dude because he'd be doing Queensryche songs and he's not even interested in doing those songs.

It irks me with guys like you who want something obscure so they can feel like they're "onto something". Don't worry, nobody listens to the bands you suggest so you can still be the cool and "eclectic" guy over there Cafe 210.

Well, you wouldn't get any "dickhead" comments if you didn't demand such shitty bands play ProgPower! And if you weren't so thick-skulled, you would have realized that my suggestion of Geoff Tate was in jest. And for the record, I don't waste my time at Cafe 210. I'm quite impressed with your knowledge of State College businesses, resident of ambiguous location.

ProgMetalFan said:
Well, you wouldn't get any "dickhead" comments if you didn't demand such shitty bands play ProgPower! And if you weren't so thick-skulled, you would have realized that my suggestion of Geoff Tate was in jest. And for the record, I don't waste my time at Cafe 210. I'm quite impressed with your knowledge of State College businesses, resident of ambiguous location.

Sorry, should I follow your lead and demand "other sophisticated musical styles". How elite. Man, I wish I could listen to "sophisticated" stuff instead of the bullshit I like.
I"ll still make the wager that Pretty Maids have a larger catalog than any 10 bands you've supported on here for this festival, but I guess that makes them too 'known' and successful for someone who wants obscurity so they can know less and talk more.

I think the line up is solid. Granted if I could go I'm sure there would be at least 1 band I would prolly not sit and watch. Right now I'm more upset that as things stand I can't go and that would mean missing...SymphonyX, Vanden Plas, Ever Fucking Grey, Redemption, Circle II Circle and Pagan's Mind. Really chaps my hide that this is a SERIOUS line up and I'm gonna be missing Prog Power again this year.

Yeah, I know last year was a phenominal line-up, but I didn't get to go last year and Nightwish was the kill for me this year, I WILL go and I WILL enjoy; Evergrey, Rage and Symphony X should be worth it! I've been a NEARfest Patron for four years and now I'd like to do this, I'm more of a metal head anyway, but I love bands who push the envelope. To each his/her own.