Anyone heard of a new Hammerfall Covers cd?

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Anyone heard of a Hammerfall covers cd that is supposed to be coming out? A buddy of mine mentioned he saw it on the net somewhere in a news blip and I figured the intelligent people here at the PPUSA board would have some good info on it...so let me know.

found the tracklisting on Blabbermouth:
"Masterpieces" covers CD:

01. Child of the Damned (WARLORD)
02. Ravenlord (STORMWITCH)
03. Eternal Dark (PICTURE)
04. Back to Back (PRETTY MAIDS)
05. I Want Out (HELLOWEEN)
06. Man on the Silver Mountain (RAINBOW)
07. Head Over Heels (ACCEPT)
08. Run With the Devil (HEAVY LOAD)
09. We're Gonna Make It (TWISTED SISTER)
10. Breaking the Law (JUDAS PRIEST)
11. Angel of Mercy (CHASTAIN)
12. Rising Force (YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE)
13. Detroit Rock City (KISS)
14. Crazy Nights (LOUDNESS)
15. När Vindarna Viskar Mitt Namn (ROGER PONTARE)
16. Flight of the Warrior (RIOT)
17. Youth Gone Wild (SKID ROW)
18. Aphasia (EUROPE)

pretty darn sweet!

Yup, it's due out soon, if it's not already out. All the bonus tracks and B sides and such.

And because I'm a nerd who loves HammerFall possibly more than I should, I will be buying this album.

hmmm... I finally have a reason to purchase a Hammerfall cd. :Smug:

These are the only covers that I've previously heard and they are all excellent:

I Want Out (HELLOWEEN)
Man on the Silver Mountain (RAINBOW)
Head Over Heels (ACCEPT)

but for some reason - try as I might - I could never fully embrace Hammerfall. The Power Metal Nerd in me should love this band.

But I don't. *shrug*

but for some reason - try as I might - I could never fully embrace Hammerfall. The Power Metal Nerd in me should love this band.

But I don't. *shrug*

I'm with ya here. I heard "Legacy of Kings" on a whim, and loved it, but no other release from these guys has come close..... And yet...... I keep buying them.

Shame on me, I guess.

This covers album should be fun though. Pretty interesting bunch of tracks...

Anyone heard of a Hammerfall covers cd that is supposed to be coming out? A buddy of mine mentioned he saw it on the net somewhere in a news blip and I figured the intelligent people here at the PPUSA board would have some good info on it...so let me know.
Yes, this is quite true. The album is due out soon, and a brand new DVD as well. Both the CD and DVD should rock out! They recently released a double best-of set, as well. Can't wait to hear the next studio disc! Who've they recruited to replace Stefan, if that is even really possible?

found the tracklisting on Blabbermouth:
"Masterpieces" covers CD:

01. Child of the Damned (WARLORD)
02. Ravenlord (STORMWITCH)
03. Eternal Dark (PICTURE)
04. Back to Back (PRETTY MAIDS)
05. I Want Out (HELLOWEEN)
06. Man on the Silver Mountain (RAINBOW)
07. Head Over Heels (ACCEPT)
08. Run With the Devil (HEAVY LOAD)
09. We're Gonna Make It (TWISTED SISTER)
10. Breaking the Law (JUDAS PRIEST)
11. Angel of Mercy (CHASTAIN)
12. Rising Force (YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE)
13. Detroit Rock City (KISS)
14. Crazy Nights (LOUDNESS)
15. När Vindarna Viskar Mitt Namn (ROGER PONTARE)
16. Flight of the Warrior (RIOT)
17. Youth Gone Wild (SKID ROW)
18. Aphasia (EUROPE)

pretty darn sweet!

I don't own one disc from this band, but I just may have to pick this one up! I'm a total, 100% sucker for cover songs regardless!

~Brian~

Oh wow. I thought I was the only one on the planet that even knew about (much less heard) Aphasia.

That's so awesome.

Yeah Ive had this for 2 weeks. Absolutely love it. I'm not a huge Hammerfall fan either. I like 2 CD's, and then just a handful of tracks. Most of it is meh.

I love this CD, and the tribute art for the cover alone is badass. I'm on the nuclear blast promo team so snagging a nice hi rez tif file was quite nice.

Isn't half of that stuff just reused from older projects? I know they did a cover of "I want out" with Kai Hansen singing way back in the day, or was that Sonata Arctica..bleh..anyway.. yeah it was a particular favorite of mine. I'm not sure if those were the tracks on the DIO and Accept tribute albums from a few years ago as well.

HammerFall released an EP entitled I WANT OUT, which featured Kai. Sonata also did a cover of I WANT OUT, which can be found on a couple releases, I think, including their SUCCESSOR EP (which had a cool cover of SCORPS Still Loving You)

Cover tracks are ok as b-sides. I just think an album worth of em is overkill.