Anyone need a roommate?

maidenforce19

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2014
Just got tickets to ProgPower and am currently in the process of booking a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat (possibly Wed but prob not).

If anyone wants to split the cost of a room, I'm looking to get a room with 2 queen sized beds in either the Motel 6 or America's Best Value Inn. The cost would be anywhere from $118 to $162 a person depending on the room and hotel.

Alternatively, if anyone already has a room at one of the places on the official list (or close enough to the venue), I'm open to that as well.

PM me if interested. Thank you

Just got tickets to ProgPower and am currently in the process of booking a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat (possibly Wed but prob not).

If anyone wants to split the cost of a room, I'm looking to get a room with 2 queen sized beds in either the Motel 6 or America's Best Value Inn. The cost would be anywhere from $118 to $162 a person depending on the room and hotel.

Alternatively, if anyone already has a room at one of the places on the official list (or close enough to the venue), I'm open to that as well.

PM me if interested. Thank you

Man, that Motel 6 is quite a hike. I mean, it's doable if you're cool with long walks, but still. If you're planning on driving or using a cab or Uber or whatever, that's also feasible, but could wind up being expensive.

The America's Best Value Inn is also not the closest hotel, but it's still easily walkable. I stayed there 3 times from 2004 - 2009, back when it was a Super 8. The thing about that place though, even when I stayed there years ago, the place was sorta falling apart... and the owners seemed highly reluctant to put much money into renovations. I don't know if anything has changed since the last time I was there, but I sure hope so.

You may also want to consider the Twelve Hotel in Atlantic Station. It's roughly the same distance as the America's Best Value Inn, but it's a far nicer place, and it looks to be in the price range you mentioned... especially with their current promotion... if you pay with a MasterCard, you get the 4th night free when you stay 3 nights.

Also, there are still some rooms available at the Residence Inn, which is one of the two closest hotels, but the price is in the $220 - $230 range. The Marriott Suites is a couple blocks further, but also still easily walkable, and is in the $150 - $160 range. You're probably not going to find a room with two beds at either hotel, but both have fold-out sofa beds in all rooms.

Just some stuff to consider. Hope it helps!

Man, that Motel 6 is quite a hike. I mean, it's doable if you're cool with long walks, but still. If you're planning on driving or using a cab or Uber or whatever, that's also feasible, but could wind up being expensive.

The America's Best Value Inn is also not the closest hotel, but it's still easily walkable. I stayed there 3 times from 2004 - 2009, back when it was a Super 8. The thing about that place though, even when I stayed there years ago, the place was sorta falling apart... and the owners seemed highly reluctant to put much money into renovations. I don't know if anything has changed since the last time I was there, but I sure hope so.

You may also want to consider the Twelve Hotel in Atlantic Station. It's roughly the same distance as the America's Best Value Inn, but it's a far nicer place, and it looks to be in the price range you mentioned... especially with their current promotion... if you pay with a MasterCard, you get the 4th night free when you stay 3 nights.

Also, there are still some rooms available at the Residence Inn, which is one of the two closest hotels, but the price is in the $220 - $230 range. The Marriott Suites is a couple blocks further, but also still easily walkable, and is in the $150 - $160 range. You're probably not going to find a room with two beds at either hotel, but both have fold-out sofa beds in all rooms.

Just some stuff to consider. Hope it helps!

Wow, thank you so much for all that info. This is only going to be my 2nd time going to the festival so I'm not that familiar with the area (last time I stayed at a Super 8 near the airport but I was with someone with a car who drove us to the venue each day, so that wasn't an issue).

That Twelve Hotel seems like the best bet if you said the price range is very similar. It's a hard balance for me between distance and quality vs. price because I can only spend so much and, as much as I'd love to stay in Marriott Suites/Residence Inn, I hate spending that type of money each night. That's more than the cost of my round trip airfare from Philly and just shy of the price of the entire festival itself. All I need is a bed lol, but I don't want to be far from the venue without a car (or have to rely on cabs/Ubers all the time).

Wow, thank you so much for all that info. This is only going to be my 2nd time going to the festival so I'm not that familiar with the area (last time I stayed at a Super 8 near the airport but I was with someone with a car who drove us to the venue each day, so that wasn't an issue).

That Twelve Hotel seems like the best bet if you said the price range is very similar. It's a hard balance for me between distance and quality vs. price because I can only spend so much and, as much as I'd love to stay in Marriott Suites/Residence Inn, I hate spending that type of money each night. That's more than the cost of my round trip airfare from Philly and just shy of the price of the entire festival itself. All I need is a bed lol, but I don't want to be far from the venue without a car (or have to rely on cabs/Ubers all the time).

Wait... I think I misinterpreted what you meant when you said $118 to $162! :) With the MasterCard offer, the Twelve is like $140 per night. The $75.65 plus tax per night you can get at the America's Best Value Inn is absolutely going to be cheaper. That may be your best bet if price per night is the primary concern. The Motel 6 really is a significant walk. You could take Marta to get to the venue in the afternoon, but that does shut down at night, and it's a long walk or a possibly expensive ride back after a long day of music and partying. It's hardly worth it considering it's not even any cheaper.

This is all provided you have a roommate of course... staying alone at a cheaper hotel vs splitting at a closer but more expensive place like the Marriott is basically a wash.

If that's the Marriott Suites in Midtown its over on 14th a block south of the Arts Center...It's walking distance..Close to good restaurants too

Bear

If that's the Marriott Suites in Midtown its over on 14th a block south of the Arts Center...It's walking distance..Close to good restaurants too

Bear

Yup.. We stayed there in 2013. It's less than 10 minutes walk, and the A/C is cold. :)

I have $5 per day for housing and need a room to share with someone that I have never met. I will sleep on the floor or a chair. You are welcome to change the oil of your moped on the carpet (I am a heavy sleeper). Also, I drink a lot so you will make no money off of my organs if you attempt to harvest them although you are welcome to try because I brought it on myself by staying in a room in downtown ATL with someone I have never met. Good times.:devil:

Wait... I think I misinterpreted what you meant when you said $118 to $162! :) With the MasterCard offer, the Twelve is like $140 per night. The $75.65 plus tax per night you can get at the America's Best Value Inn is absolutely going to be cheaper. That may be your best bet if price per night is the primary concern. The Motel 6 really is a significant walk. You could take Marta to get to the venue in the afternoon, but that does shut down at night, and it's a long walk or a possibly expensive ride back after a long day of music and partying. It's hardly worth it considering it's not even any cheaper.

This is all provided you have a roommate of course... staying alone at a cheaper hotel vs splitting at a closer but more expensive place like the Marriott is basically a wash.

It's all good. I actually am splitting a room now with 3 other people at the Courtyard Marriott so I'm set, but it looks like this thread is helping out other people, too haha