Appropriate Heavy Metal Wedding Songs

Use the metal version of the Wedding March by Queen from the Flash Gordon soundtrack. You might need to loop it once or twice. :)

Now, some enterprising metal band should do a nice loong version of it. :headbang:

Our recession was to Van Halen's "Dance the Night Away." The laughs were priceless.

Unreal! Hope the amount of cowbell was adequate. I bet that song has a lot of personal meaning for lots of people, too.

One that always struck a chord with me and will absolutely be in my wedding: Always With Me, Always With You - Joe Satriani. If that song doesnt hit you somewhere, I don't know what will...and congrats man.

We danced to "Eve" by Dream Theater (with our wedding party) and then closed with "Walking in the Air." Both are fairly mellow pieces but beyond that (and, er, it was over six years ago now!) we pretty much kept to hard rock

But the options are pretty much endless. Congrats!

-Sarah

That is so totally awesome. Great soundtrack, great story. Did you do a commercial for match.com yet? You should!

Intersting idea! But, LOL, I'm far more comfortable on the OTHER side of a camera! Our tunes rocked, though - that was for sure. I remember one person who was simply ecstatic we played Shadow Gallery and another who came running from the back of the room to see what the song/band was (Dave's mp3 player was our DJ!) when an (I think) LTE tune was on, and one of the best parts was when Brainstorm's 'Highs Without Lows' came on I wrangled all the metalheads there back out to the arch for what turned into a killer photo - all of us throwing the horms - it was GREAT! :headbang:

Cheerios!

PS - DUH!!! CONGRATS JASON!!! Don't forget to include some Enchant! We played Pure!

and best wishes to you both. As we had a pretty small/private cermeony we didnt really play much music - just make sure you put in all the hard work to make things stay magical so you dont end up wishing you had played "Used to love her" by Guns & Roses :)

jeff

Heavenly - Coming from the Sky "Until I Die"
Helloween - Better then Raw "Falling Higher"
Virgin Steele - Life Among the Ruins "Wild Fire Woman"
Virgin Steele - Life Among the Ruins "Last Rose of Summer"

^^ they better play these 2 at Prog Power =)

Heavenly - Coming from the Sky "Until I Die"
Helloween - Better then Raw "Falling Higher"
Virgin Steele - Life Among the Ruins "Wild Fire Woman"
Virgin Steele - Life Among the Ruins "Last Rose of Summer"

^^ they better play these 2 at Prog Power =)

Those two other bands better play Progpower too.

when my wife an dI got married this past New Years Eve, we used "Dreaming (Tell Me)" by Yngwie Malmsteen. Simply a Beautiful song.

:kickass: Nice choice...We played YJM "Heaven tonight" at our reception. That song was playing in the background when I met Colleen so it has extra special significance and it's a great song. I've been a huge Yngwie fan since early Alcatraz but I've always really loved the Joe Lynn Turner era.

Congragulations on your news, I wish you the best :Spin:

:kickass: Nice choice...We played YJM "Heaven tonight" at our reception. That song was playing in the background when I met Colleen so it has extra special significance and it's a great song. I've been a huge Yngwie fan since early Alcatraz but I've always really loved the Joe Lynn Turner era.

Dreaming was the first song I had played by Yngwie for her when we first met and is has always had a special place in her heart (and mine) since. Not to mention when we saw Yngwie live last November, he played Dreaming. it was about 6 weeks before our wedding we saw Yngwie. THe neat thing is when I saw Yngwie on tour for the Odyssey record opening For Maiden in 1987 or 1988, he did not play the song then.

Queensyrche - Hand on Heart & One and Only
Shadow Gallery - Crystalline Dream

Or maybe just some Death Angel Frolic Through the Park :headbang:

Even better, if you are real lucky I will just sing at your wedding. :lol:

Wow, it really isn't very far away now is it. :OMG:

I remember one person who was simply ecstatic we played Shadow Gallery and another who came running from the back of the room to see what the song/band was (Dave's mp3 player was our DJ!) when an (I think) OSI tune was on, and one of the best parts was when Brainstorm's 'Highs Without Lows' came on I wrangled all the metalheads there back out to the arch for what turned into a killer photo - all of us throwing the horms - it was GREAT! :headbang:

hmmmmmm Shadow Gallery at a wedding. Novel idea! ;) hehehehe I should play some when we throw the big we got married party.

Oh and I was honored to be a part of the Horn THrowin pic!

I always thought Nightwish's Sleeping Sun would be good....I wish for this night time to last for a lifetime?

ZING! :worship:

Some other possibilities

Blackmore's Night - 'Written In The Stars'
Cheap Trick - 'If You Want My Love' or 'I Want You To Want Me'
Alice Cooper - 'You And Me'
Doro - You're My Family
Riot - 'In Your Eyes'
Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin' For You

Hell what do I know? I'm single and my idea of music at my wedding (hell freezes over) is Motorhead - 'The Chase Is Better Than The Catch' :lol:

Hey, is that Yngwie? ;) We also popped in our band's cd and sang our hearts out after all the older people left the reception. Was a lot of fun. :)

Ditto on the congrats, and best of luck getting all the plans in order. :) I'll take a few stabs here, not all are Heavy, Heavy Metal, but they all can fall under the category (I'm a sucker for a good ballad):

Scorpions: Still Loving You
Heart: These Dreams or Alone
Whitesnake: Is This Love? (one of Syke's best solos, imho)
Firehouse: Love of a Lifetime
TNT: As Far As the Eye Can See, Tonight I'm Falling
King's X: I'll Never Get Tired of You, It's Love, Dream In My Life, What I Know About Love, (Hell, just about anything by these guys would be good... lots of love based material to choose from ;) )
Damn Yankees: High Enough
Engine: Perfect Star
Blackmore's Night: Waiting Just For You, I Still Remember
Marcel Coenen: La Bella Mira (beautiful instrumental off of "Colour Journey")

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse