Appropriate Heavy Metal Wedding Songs

Our wedding song was Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes) by Steelheart. Still gives me goosebumps to this day. You ought to have seen the facial expressions of all my old relatives during the high notes! Priceless....

Redemption has a love song of sorts on their latest, Fullness of Time. In all honesty, I can't remember the actual name of the tune, but I believe it might be Sapphire. The song I'm referring to has love theme lyrics to it though.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?:err:

I've always really liked Stratovarius' 4,000 Rainy Nights too.

I will third Pain of Salvation's "This Heart of Mine." It's the song I first thought of when I read the thread. I daresay it will be played at my wedding!

Well,when I'm finally able to finance me purchasing a cute eastern european girl to marry
my choices
Conception=Hold on
Fates Warning-Islands in the Stream
Engine-Perfect Star
(forget the name of the song on Devin Townsend's Infinity,think it was Union)
Rush-Differnt Strings

STRYPER "Together as One". The lyrics are absolutely, positively perfect for the occasion.
Suppose I'll admit it, that was my wedding song waaaaay back then. Was a traditional wedding thing, but Michelle & I had to slip some metal into the event. At the other end of the spectrum a friend of mine who is a girl planning ceremony for 2nd marriage is going with AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" but that's more an elopement thing, ha!

How about these:

Sonata Arctica - Shemandelie
Nightwish - Sleeping Sun and Swanheart
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Use the metal version of the Wedding March by Queen from the Flash Gordon soundtrack. You might need to loop it once or twice. :)

Now, some enterprising metal band should do a nice loong version of it. :headbang:

Awww, Pellaz you stole mine!!! :lol:

I started reading this whole thread to see if anyone would mention that. That entire sequence is so great, but Brian May doing "Here comes the bride" on his guitar is one for the rock and roll record books.

At a sci-fi convention one year, I knew a guy who dressed up like Ming the Merciless and we threw a room party entitled "Ming's Wedding Chapel," complete with certificates of marriage, witnesses and of course that little clip of brilliance.

You rock, Pellaz... :headbang:

There are some great suggestions in this thread, so I'll try not to repeat them...

Edguy - Wash Away the Poison (a great slow dance song)
Pyramaze - Until We Fade Away (this song is just fucking brilliant!)
Slaughter - It'll Be Alright (I challenge anyone to listen to this song and not think it's some wierd Beatles cover)
Nightwish - Bless the Child (Okay, so you might want to wait 9 months, but ... the crowd will get it!)
PowerQuest - Find My Heaven and/or Temple of Fire

And may I suggest a NON-metal wedding song?
Roxette - Silver Blue

How badly will I get reemed for THAT one? :lol: :lol:

er... I can't say Shamandalie is perfect. It's an awesome song but quite wrong for having just been married.

You saw us always clearer than me
How we were never meant to be
Love denied meant the friendship would die
Now I have seen the light
These memories make me cry