Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies

BreathingShadow: i totally agree with that. Garm's voice on LMI and Ulver's Themes is sometimes way too 'deep-throat'. i'm so glad he doesn't use that silly voice anymore...

Hmh.. I kinda miss that voice. It was really epic. And though I love Ulver's newer a LOT, the lighter voice can get a bit aggravating at times.

Rivfadír;5936381 said:
You're referring to the Vintersorgdiscussion, right?

It's funny, cause in that discussion, I'm in the other camp. I prefer the newer.

Yeah the whole "Who's got the best vocals".

Mostly I listen to garm era arcturus with an exception for simen's vocals for thc chaos path on hell's ball. I'd like to think that arcturus's next album (?) will feature tokens to grimness without being redundant.

It really is a great album, the vocals are fantastic (nothing on Garm yes, but who the hell does?) and the music really is good, but when I listen to the sham mirrors I get goosebumps atleast 10 times before its over, its not that it is majorly better than Sideshow, its just a flawless album and defines 'metal without boundaries' in my opinion, you cant really beat that, but I think it is a worthy follow up, I just hope the band can improve with Simen, because he really is a high class vocalist.