Are metal fans the most hardcore?

A lot of teen Metalheads imo are huge attention whores. They just play their iPods really loud and put their iPod where someone can pick it up and look at it because they feel that their musical taste is the coolest thing in the world and will impress others.

Yep, I see that around here all the time.

Although...are Bring Me The Horizon popular? Because all of a sudden everyone's wearing their shirts. I mean, kids at my school who don't even listen to metal/metalcore (before now, at least) are wearing them.

Yeah, I'd say they're pretty popular nowadays.

A lot of teen Metalheads imo are huge attention whores. They just play their iPods really loud and put their iPod where someone can pick it up and look at it because they feel that their musical taste is the coolest thing in the world and will impress others.

Haha, I confess I was guilty of this in my younger days, around age 14 or so. But I was the stereotypical angry metalhead back then.:lol:

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I don't feel like reading 4 pages.

Metal is obviously a much bigger part of a metal head's life than almost any other genre would be to their respective fans, just for the simple fact that it's so much harder to get a hold of. You have to work harder to get this music, than you would any music that would be on the radio, so therefore, you have to care about the music more, just to be able to listen to it.

edit: also, the attention whore thing isn't really that big of a deal imo. Music is a huge part of my life, and I like to get other people in to my music. I like to have my ipod up, just because I like to listen to music loud, but there's nothing cooler than when someone recognizes what I'm listening to... you make an instant friend who has the same taste as you. Also one of the main reasons I wear band shirts.

There's a difference between wanting to find other Metalheads and "look at me! I listen to Metal! Acknowledge my awesomeness!"

have you ever noticed that the majority of Armenian people love listening to raphip hop music. they never listen to any form of rock music, the only exception being SOAD. I just find that funny coincidence

What? I live in a neighborhood of Armenian people, and have Armenian friends, and they listen to trance or techno style music. I know very few people including me, my cousin and one of my friends who listen to metal, but never seen an Armenian listening to hip hop or rap.

Describe the behavior that would define someone with this attitude.

Insulting mainsream music (or anything non-metal) and saying how awesome Metal is whenever they get the chance. Playing their iPod loud, but not because they like it loud, so someone else can hear it. Putting their iPod where someone could easily see it. Constantly looking around to see if anyone cares what they're listening to and will come up to look at their iPod.

But some people who aren't attention whores do some of these things too.

edit: And wearing band shirts even when they don't necessarily like the band.

What? I live in a neighborhood of Armenian people, and have Armenian friends, and they listen to trance or techno style music. I know very few people including me, my cousin and one of my friends who listen to metal, but never seen an Armenian listening to hip hop or rap.

well, where i live at, thats how it is, they are all into hip hop. why does everyone think i'm talking about every Armenian

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I don't feel like reading 4 pages.

Metal is obviously a much bigger part of a metal head's life than almost any other genre would be to their respective fans, just for the simple fact that it's so much harder to get a hold of. You have to work harder to get this music, than you would any music that would be on the radio, so therefore, you have to care about the music more, just to be able to listen to it.
I really don't think metal is any harder to get a hold of than any other underground genre.

Maybe it's because I'm used to look for metal but imo metal is easier to get hold of then lots of industrial, neofolk, dark ambient, electronica, etc. So I don't really agree with that.

^ I agree.

Most CD shops I've ever been to don't have industrial/electro music, which I've always thought to be odd. Metal is a lot easier to obtain.

Yeah, I'd say they're pretty popular nowadays.
There's this guy at my school, last year he was full-on emo, nothing but black, black died hair combed in front of his eyes, pallid skin, etc. Now he still has the hair but he's got intense facial piercings and goes around in deathcore shirts.
I'm trying to decide if it's an improvement. The main downside is that he seems to be trying to hang with me because I wear metal shirts + long hair and am obviously a huge metalhead. And I don't really feel like hanging out with some scene kid.

I really don't think metal is any harder to get a hold of than any other underground genre.
Frankly, you can get a ton of stuff on amazon (and for really cheap). All the essentials and a ton more. Buying metal in stores can be challenging, though, unless you just want slayer and metallica.

When you get into obscure stuff, a lot depends on the genre. I can pretty easily get the most obscure Colombian, Filipino, etc. brutal death metal I want since there are so many brutal death metal distros in North America, but when it comes to my other underground favorite, suicidal black metal, every distro seems to be either in Australia or Germany, making it very difficult to get what I want. :(