Are metal fans the most hardcore?

Or live in New England.
Yeah, I'm lucky. I have newbury comics a 15 minute bus ride away + 2 other locations nearby, as well as a used cd store where you find the randomest stuff. They have a completely arbitrary mix of legendary acts and the most ridiculously obscure stuff in their metal section. You can go in and they won't have a single Metallica album but they'll have Goratory's entire discography or something like that. Also cheap vinyl there.

Yeah, I'm lucky. I have newbury comics a 15 minute bus ride away + 2 other locations nearby, as well as a used cd store where you find the randomest stuff. They have a completely arbitrary mix of legendary acts and the most ridiculously obscure stuff in their metal section. You can go in and they won't have a single Metallica album but they'll have Goratory's entire discography or something like that. Also cheap vinyl there.

Where is this place?

Maybe around Columbus day or Thanksgiving when I'm down there. Actually I'm probably going to the Dimmu/Amon Amarth two-day fest at the Palladium the weekend before Columbus.

You're going to AA?
Sweet. If you wanna check out In Your Ear, I'll meet you there. I make no guarantees about what they have, but it's cheap ($6-8 with jewel cases, $4-5 for promos, vinyl can be insanely cheap).

I agree. The teen Metalheads who take the Metal lifestyle way too seriously are even more annoying than Emos. At least Emos don't run around screaming "I hate myself". I actually saw a thread somewhere in another part of this forum that was this guy about 13 or so saying his mother didn't understand him and thought he was messed up because he listened to Black Metal and he had almost no friends. The thread was just bitching about shit people got as a Metalhead. The funny part was right after his rant he just started ranting about Emos saying they didn't like Metal.

A lot of teen Metalheads imo are huge attention whores. They just play their iPods really loud and put their iPod where someone can pick it up and look at it because they feel that their musical taste is the coolest thing in the world and will impress others.

I actually found that pretty funny, because I know exactly what you're talking about for the most part. All the tr000000000000 m3talh3ads on this site would never do something like rant about how metal isn't accepted & start a thread about it, for example; however.

The 2nd paragraph made me think about this time in '95 when I was 11 & I bought this really killer Obituary shirt because I thought the band was a cool band to listen to... Well, it was a killer shirt too, but the fact was I bought it without ever having heard the band. I saw the shirt in a Rockabilia catalog & all I knre was that they were death metal. At the time I listened to a lot of Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Morbid Angel, Marilyn Manson & Nine Inch Nails. I dyed my hair black, had long hair, wore fishnets on my arms & legs, & combat boots. I wish I still had that Obituary shirt :(

I agree with the comment about some Indie fans being immersed more deeply into their music than some metal fans, but the fact is that metal is generally much less socially acceptable than Indie. For example Darkthrone is MUCH less inviting to the average person than Interpol. There's more reassurance in listening to music that a lot of people don't understand in metal, yet the elitism facor in metal spawns it's fair share of assholes.

I hope I worded that right... What I'm saying is that you can't compare extreme metal fans to indie fans.

Slayer don't need a kick in the nuts but clayman-era IF do?
I mean, if you criticize IF's last 4 I can't really object, I happen to like the last 2 but I completely understand why people don't. However, Clayman is a great album. Period.