Avenged Sevenfold - Carry On - WHAT THE ????

Never saw the appeal of these guys, never liked em or really hated them.
They always seemed like a sub-par hardrock/metalcore act that had a vocalist who annoyed the shit outta me.
There is bands that do so much better at what they attempt to do.

While I will admit it's actually a pretty good, if derivative tune, it still does not interest me in buying a CD or going to one of their shows. And I'm not a Call of Duty fan either, so I won't purchase the game, either.

The real annoying thing is this band's core group of fans who eat up their shit like it's sugar cereal and really have no clue where this sound comes from.

Never saw the appeal of these guys, never liked em or really hated them.
They always seemed like a sub-par hardrock/metalcore act that had a vocalist who annoyed the shit outta me.
There is bands that do so much better at what they attempt to do.

This. I tried to listen to their entire discography once and I couldn't make it through. This song was more of that.

The music isn't too bad, but don't like the John Bush like voice. Don't really listen to many if any US metal bands like Avenged so I don't know so much what they sounded like before except from little samples, but this does nothing for me.

I don't agree with you at all.
I love A7X, but I have not heard them immitate the Helloween/Dragonforce power metal clichees before.

The guitar parts in the first song I ever heard by them ("Burn It Down," I think) were so obviously cribbed from Weikath's style that I honestly wondered if he had a songwriting credit on the track. This isn't really anything new from them.

Seriously, if someone posted that clip as a new song from an unknown European band called DreamDragon or something, most of us would be all over it and probably demand they open PPUSA at that.

Exactly. I've made this point a few times about A7X. I actually loved their last album, and I still have no doubt that if they had long hair and Swedish names, people on this forum would be talking about how great they were and clamoring for an appearance at PP.

I remember the first time I heard A7X on the radio (I think it was "Bat Country"...not sure), I was stunned at the fact that I was hearing Helloween-inspired twin-guitar leads on modern rock radio....and I think it's really cool that a young American band is exhibiting those influences. I don't give a fuck if they look like they work at a Hot Topic...I think they're a talented band, and I'm happy to see this kind of stuff achieve some success.

I was really hoping, based on the surprise in the thread title, that this would be an Angra cover. It's just business as usual for this band.

Really? You were really hoping this band would do an ANGRA cover?

It's not something I wish for and pray for and dream about every day, but if I saw a thread titled "Linkin Park - Wolf and Raven!!! WHAT????" I'd be hoping to find a Sonata Arctica cover in the pages. Same thing here.

It's fine with me if anyone likes ANY band.
It's just music and its just entertainment in the end.

Just like so many other bands, this band got caught in the "How do we market this band" enigma.

It was weird to see them go from yet anothe crappy suburban Hopeless Records "we wanna look like AFI because they get chix" band to the mainstage at Ozzfest seemingly overnight.