Awesome hard rock ... THE QUILL

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
Anyone remember THE QUILL ???

Swedish hard rock band that released some pretty good albums at the end of the 90's and early 00's. Had a slight "stoner/groove" thing going on that made them sound like a mixture of Black Sabbath, King's X, Monster Magnet and Kyuss with a touch of "happy" funk-metal like Electric Boys.

Well, they are back now with a new disc called FULL CIRCLE, and it's pretty damn awesome to say the least.

It kicks my butt in the same way Spiritual Beggars' "Return To Zero" did last year.

http://www.myspace.com/thequillofficial

Yep, remember them well and still play their discs all the time. Always thought they should have become more popular, but apparently they hate touring or something. I heard they said no thanks to a massive UFO tour a few years back. Nevertheless, looking forward to new material...

American Pooooowder.......

The Full Circle must not be available yet, can't find it through usual avenues. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Thanks for the heads-up....really liked The Quill (I've got 4 of their CDs....did they release anything after Hooray! It's a Death Trip?), so I'll check this out.

On the subject of bands with a retro vibe, I'm really digging a Spanish band right now called Eldorado...I've had trouble getting their album Golden out of my player. Well worth checking out for those that dig quality hard rock. They're streaming the whole album at their website: http://www.eldoradorockband.com/

6 year bump....

THE QUILL - CLASSIC LINEUP RETURNS WITH BORN FROM FIRE ALBUM; AUGUST RELEASE SCHEDULED

"...Sweden’s The Quill will release their new album, Born From Fire, on August 25th via Metalville...The classic lineup who created the albums Silver Haze, Voodoo Caravan and Hooray! It's A Deathtrip has reunited. Lead singer Magnus Ekwall (Ayreon) is back behind the mic, together with the dynamic power of drummer Jolle Atlagic (Hanoi Rocks, Electric Boys, Firebird), guitarist Christian Carlsson and bassist Roger Nilsson (Spiritual Beggars, Firebird)...."

quillalbumjuly.jpg