Band Wishes for PP4

Here's some I'd like to see... keep in mind, I'm not a big prog-fan so bear with me...

Therion (with full choir & orchestra)
Sinergy
Secret Spere
Kamelot -will have a new album out next year, return?
Fates Warning
Rhapsody
Helloween
Silver Seraph
Metalium
Seven Witches -did they replace Black yet on vocals?
Warmen -Bodom's keyboardist solo stuff
Edenbridge

[[edit here]]
forgot these;
Shaman
Dream Evil

Ok I have narrowed down to these (although I know it's impossible to get them all in one place)

Stratovarius
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
Edguy! ( Yes it's worth seem them again)
Angra
Symphony X
Helloween

And since it's PROG power then Dream Theater!

That's 8 four for one night and the rest for the other

Dream Theater? Why? I saw Dream Theater over 30 times already; I can never see bands like Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.. Maybe you don't get the point of this festival. It's not to book bands that anyone can see at any time!

Noc Rites, Opeth, Lost Horizon: best chance and best choices for getting booked for next year. Therion would obtain legendary status if they did a show in the States with everything you hear on the albums.

I wonder if Angrarules is an Angra fan?

Originally posted by nightwish58
Dream Theater? Why? I saw Dream Theater over 30 times already; I can never see bands like Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.. Maybe you don't get the point of this festival. It's not to book bands that anyone can see at any time!

Ok but they're one of the best Progressive metal bands, and Even Harvester said it will be good having them, if not, then Therion will be good (Since the point is having bands that never tour the US)

You are absolutely right about DT being the best prog band out there, but who cares if they play at ProgPower? They tour the U.S practically every year. Therion, on the other hand, while I don't listen to them, would most likely be a good fit.

Having DT at Progpower is like wasting a headliner's slot. When will I ever get to see Kamelot again? Probably never unless they play another ProgPower. I much rather have a band like Superior or Balance of Power play again than have DT on the bill. It just wouldn't make sense. There is so much unrecognized talent out there that deserves the exposure they would get from being booked o a progpower show.

I know i mentioned it before on this thread, but now i'm just curious... Glenn, do you think Voivod are prog/power oriented enough to ever consider them for Progpower, the fact that they do occasionally tour the US notwithstanding? (now that they've revamped their lineup, though [hooray for Snake coming back and for Jason Newsted joining them!!!], i guess it will somewhat depend on what their new album sounds like...)

Ryan

I could never get into Voivod.. saw them open for Halford on the first Fight tour and I couldnt stand it.. to each their own I guess though, although with Jason in the band I'd be curious to hear what they'll sound like this time around, I liked his production on the Speedealer album.

And the more I think of it.. Therion headlining prog power would be uttlerly incredible! I've been a fan since they went the choir/orchestra route... what an amazing sound.

I've never seen Helloween, So, that would be cool as all. Been a fan of theirs since Walls Of Jericho first came out.
Vanden Plas
Sinergy (Only if Mel is on Bass)
Antithesis (I don't plan on getting to the Ohio area anytime soon to see them and they kick hard)
Warmen
Metalium
Luca Turilli (or Rhapsody, but prefer him solo)
Sonata Arctica

Can't think of more now, but, that will suffice.

What are you talking about you ignorant fool? All I said was that this was not the Jorn Lande festival. If you don't have anything worthwhile to say, then beat it. Don't start posting messages that make absolutely no sense.

uh! oh! a little yankees, red sox rivalry. or perhaps jets, pats. You'se guys just need to both chill. You damn northerners, the show is in the south, so slow down, try some cornbread with your northern beans and relax!!! While you are here for the show, try a cheerwine (softdrink, or "pop" to you'se guys).

Originally posted by 97reb
While you are here for the show, try a cheerwine (softdrink, or "pop" to you'se guys).

Do they still sell that crap? I never did like it, but to each their own I guess! However, to be truly Southern, we'd need to get these boys a coupla RCs and Moonpies. :)

Shaye