Best BBQ in Atlanta?

Abby FTW! I HAVE to go there. Maybe this will be the year. I know Rev. Su was interested as well. We should have an "outing"!
A group of about 15 or 16 of us trekked out there for two straight years. Getting the vehicles for a haul like that is a challenge, but a bunch of us piled in Bryant's van, and others into Pat's suburban .. some into Shaye's car.

All in all it's an interesting place, although I wouldn't rate the food as anything more that good. There are pictures of bloody Abdullah all over the wall, and some of his trophies he received for a being a good performer while in Japan. They do have a smoker that sits along side of the restaurant. They also have chinese food for those that don't care for BBQ, and they can sit large groups together. The name of the joint is actually Abdullah The Butcher's House Of Ribs and Oriental Food, or something like that.

Britt

I was talking with Pellaz(Paul Cashman) the other day, and we casually mentioned getting together to go out for BBQ. Okay who is up for this??? I think a great day would be Wednesday, that is if you are in town that day, as a lot of people will be. So let's see if we can get a group together, pick a place and invade it, and have some good BBQ and socialize a bit before the festivities kick off that night.

I would be TOTALLY up for that! I'm planning on coming in Tuesday so lets do it!

Go to Fogo De Chao. Then you'll all learn what deluxe "bbq" is all about! haha =)

Been To The One Here in Downtown Chicago. Fogo De Chao is a Brazilian Steakhouse and absolutely nothing like BBQ! Its great!! Don't get me wrong! If you want to know about awesome BBq check out this link. Its My favorite and 6 blocks from my house!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mu-oobRhesU[/ame]

That dude is right; it's really hard to do really good brisket. My stepdad is a mean barbecue cook--he has in fact won awards for it. He used to sell pits to restaurants. Funny no one here has mentioned East Carolina bbq--best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had, though I suppose it could be childhood nostalgia and missing my granddaddy factoring in to that.

Anyway, we made it out to Swallow in the Hollow Friday night. Good--tho still not as good as Dreamland IMO. We'll probably have to make another trip to try the other stuff, since we all had ribs. :)

S

* looks around guiltily *
We went to Sonny's this past weekend.
It was decent. Actually, it was quite good, and we were starvated. (Southern for 'starvin'.)
* slinks away *

:)

Shaye, where is/was East Carolina BBQ? The name sounds familiar.......

Shaye, where is/was East Carolina BBQ? The name sounds familiar.......

Oh, sorry, no "place"; I just meant bbq from eastern North Carolina... :) Good stuff. Used to get it when visiting my dad's family in Hertford and Edenton, a couple of tiny places in northeastern NC.

As for Sonny's... well, that's almost sacrilege, you know. :err:

Shaye

Oh, I know.....but this Sonny's happened to be right next to where we were (Mall of GA) and the staff there is always cool.

And we wuz starvated! :heh:

(The alternative was a 3-meat pizza at Sam's Club......mind you, those are surprisingly good for $8. :))

* looks around guiltily *
We went to Sonny's this past weekend.
It was decent. Actually, it was quite good, and we were starvated. (Southern for 'starvin'.)
* slinks away *

:)

LOL! I actually love Sonny's ribs! I have heard very good things about Swallow in the Hollow, though... just too far for us to go when Sonny's is right down the street on Cheshire Bridge.