Damn Yankees-Coming Of Age
Frehley's Comet-Rock Soldiers
Fastway-Say What You Will
H.S.A.S.-Top Of The Rock
TKO-I Wanna Fight
Madam X- High In High School
Alcatrazz-Island In The Sun
Contraband-All The Way To Memphis
Vince Neil-You're Invited (But Your Friend Can't Come)
Cats In Boots-Her Monkey
Shotgun Messiah-Bop City
Roxx Gang-Scratch My Back
Slik Toxik-Helluvatime
Aracde-Nothin' To Lose
Sleeze Beez-Stranger Than Paradise
Jetboy-Locked In A Cage
Tora Tora-Wild America
Bang Tango-Dancin' On Coals
EZO-Here It Comes
Danger Danger-Naughty Naughty
Electric Boys-All Lips N Hips
Spread Eagle-Back On The Bitch
Dirty Looks-Cool From The Wire
Femme Fatale-Falling In And Out Of Love
Hardline-Takin' Me Down
Kik Tracee-Don't Need Rules
Sweet F.A.-Rhythm Of Action
Pretty Boy Floyd-Rock And Roll
Katmandu-The Way You Make Me Feel
Von Groove-Once Is Not Enough
House Of Lords-I Wanna Be Loved
Little Caesar-Chain Of Fools
Whitecross-Enough Is Enough
Blonz-Skintight
Vixen-Edge Of A Broken Heart
Bloodgood-Demon On The Run
Lillian Axe-No Matter What
Giuffria-Call To Your Heart
Phantom Blue-Nothing Good
Zebra-Tell Me What You Want
Heavy Bones-4 A.M. T.M.
Every Mothers Nightmare-Walls Come Down
Honeymoon Suite-Feel It Again
David Lee Roth-Yankee Rose
Heaven-Rock School
Alice Cooper-Poison
Warlock-All We Are

BEAU NASTY - Shake it
COBRA - Blood on Your Money
TOKYO BLADE - If Heaven is Hell
JOHNNY CRASH - Axe to the Wax
STEVE JONES - Fire and Gasoline
KIX - Walkin' Away
VAN-ZANT - She's Out With a Gun
HURRICANE - Hot and Heavy
THE STORM - I've Got a Lot to Learn About Love
VANDENBERG - One in a Million
GIUFFRIA - Call to the Heart
ALDO NOVA - Blood on the Bricks
HARDLINE - Hot Cheri
STEVE STEVENS - Woman of a 1,000 Years

Great List but I'd disagree with a couple (not many though, you hit on a lot of great "one hit wonders")

Cats In Boots-Her Monkey (Shotgun Sally)
Shotgun Messiah-Bop City (Heartbreak Blvd)
Jetboy-Locked In A Cage (Feel The Shake)
Tora Tora-Wild America (Guilty)
Spread Eagle-Revolution Maker

And a few others not on the list

Asphalt Ballet - Hells Kitchen
Hericane Alice - Bad To Love
Drivin N Cryin - Fly Me Courageous
The Poor - More Wine Waiter Please
Cry of Love - Peacepipe
D'Molls - 777
Four Horsemen - Rockin Is My Business
Roxy Blue - Rob The Cradle
Kingofthehill - I DO U
Tuff - American Hair Band
Tangier - On The Line
Sleez Beez - Heroes Die Young
Dangerous Toys - Take Me Drunk
Baton Rouge - Walks Like A Woman
Gene Loves Jezebel - Jealous
Southgang - Tainted Angel
Eleven - Reach Out
London Quire Boys - 7 Oclock

For what it's worth I'd hardly consider Krokus a one hit wonder. Long Stick Goes Boom was a hit for them, American Woman and the whole disc Headhunter was great, especially Russian Winter.

Mr Big did a great song in Green Tinted Sixties Mind.

Props to the dude who remembered New England - Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya.
What a great song. Ranks right up there with Billy Thorpe's - Children of the Sun and Red Rider's Lunatic Fringe. Another one hit wonder was the less popular Snortin Whiskey, Drinkin Cocaine from Pat Travers and Planet P Project - Why Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyketto - Forever Young (one of the most under-rated bands of the era! Danny Vaughn is one of the strongest vocalists to come out of this scene!!)
21 Guns - These Eyes
Asphalt Ballet - Soul Survive -or- Tuesday's Rain
Danger Danger - Monkey Business
Heavy Bones - 4 A.M.TM
Saints & Sinners - Takin' My Chances
(cheesy ballad, but good nonetheless)
Sleeze Beez - Stranger Than Paradise
Badlands entire album

This is definitely my kind of thread!

KROKUS baby!!!! SCreaming in the night

and this totally lost classic

NEW ENGLAND - "Don't want to lose ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IelYhIJVeWg

The rest of that album was not horrible...but THAT song got played over and over in the tape deck.

Another band from around that time was Zebra...again only one song on the album was replayed...

(oooooh, Zebra. Now THERE's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time.)

A lot of these posts kinda look like the daily playlist from Sirius/XM's Hair Nation. (And this is not a Bad Thing; it's my second channel of choice if Liquid Metal is playing some screamo garbage.)

Gotta agree with Krokus, Kingdom Come, Enuff'Z'Nuff (if they were mentioned), Bulletboys, and several others. Fun topic; I've been re-discovering some of these lately thanks to Hair Nation and the Boneyard.

EDIT: watching that Zebra vid -- nicely remixed from the shorter original, looked like -- reminded me of another one-hit wonder:

Billy fuckin' Thorpe!

And also, Shooting Star:

and this totally lost classic

NEW ENGLAND - "Don't want to lose ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IelYhIJVeWg

I LOVE this topic cuz I still love and listen to this stuff just as much as I do current power/prog/melodic hard rock/metal. I even have this New England tune on my iPod but I think it's more of a 70's one hit wonder than an 80's. Anyway, here's some more that haven't been mentioned yet ...

Junkyard - "Hollywood"
Bang Tango - "Someone Like You"
Black N Blue - "Hold On To 18," "Miss Mystery" (I Know that's 2, sue me)
Donnie Iris - "Ah! Leah!"
Faster Pussycat - "House of Pain"
Frida - "Something's Going On" (chick from ABBA with killer drums from Phil Collins)
The Godz - "Gotta Keep A Runnin"
Gorky Park - "Bang"
The Headpins - "Just One More Time"
The Greg Kihn Band - "The Breakup Song"
Hear N Aid - "Stars"
Herman Ze German - "I'll Say Goodbye" (Scorpions' Herman Rarebell with Don Dokken")
The Honeydrippers - "Sea of Love" (Robert Plant project)
Kingdom Come - "What Love Can Be"
Lizzy Borden - "Me Against the World," "American Metal"
Arcangel - "Tragedy"
Lord Tracy - "She's A Bitch," "Goin' Out With the Boys"
Lou Gramm - "Midnight Blue"
Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation"
Martin Briley - "Salt In My Tears"
Marillion - "Kayleigh"
Pretty Maids - "Future World" (great band but the only song of theirs to ever get airplay in US)
Saga - "On the Loose," "Wind Him Up"
Saraya - "Love Has Taken It's Toll"
Slade - "Run Runaway"
Sniff N The Tears - "Drivers Seat"
Steeler - "Cold Day In Hell" (Yngwie Malmsteen & Ron Keel)
Steelheart - "I'll Never Let You Go"
Stone Fury - "Break Down the Walls" (pre-Kingdom Come Lenny Wolf!)
TNT - "10,000 Lovers" (another great band with 1 US hit)
Tony Carey - "A Fine Fine Day," "I Won't Be Home Tonight"
The Tubes - "Talk To Ya Later," "She's A Beauty"
Vandenberg - "Burning Heart"

And just for John, another forgotten 70's classic ...
707 - "I Could Be Good For You"

I still play Lillian Axe on a regular basis. I listen to all of their cd's but Love & War is my favorite. Love that Album. I know they are still putting our quality music but without their original singer, it is just not the same for me.

Brand

Couldn't agree more about Lillian Axe! Love that band. Lucky for me living in Texas I got to see them quite a few times before Ron Taylor left. I've seen them without him at a couple of festivals (Rock the Bayou, Rock N America) and I agree, its just not the same.

And also, Shooting Star:

I LOVED this band as a kid. My dad bought me Shooting Star's "Hang On For Your Life" on vinyl, and I played that thing almost daily! One of my very first albums I ever owned! Think I'll play it right now!

I LOVE this topic cuz I still love and listen to this stuff just as much as I do current power/prog/melodic hard rock/metal. I even have this New England tune on my iPod but I think it's more of a 70's one hit wonder than an 80's. Anyway, here's some more that haven't been mentioned yet ...

So do I. As anyone who has ever heard my show knows I play tons of this type of music as well as the Power/Prog. I just focus on the obscure stuff usually (and to me bands like Lillian Axe aren't the obscure ones hah).

Heres a few off the top of my head.

XYZ - Inside Out
Banshee - Shoot Through The Night
Cry Wolf - Pretender
Cold Sweat - Let's Make Love Tonight

707 actually had another hit that was great, Megaforce. As for Zebra, I lived in Toledo and WIOT played a lot of these one hit wonders including Wait Until The Summers Gone and Bears. Shooting Star got a lot of airplay for Last Chance but Tonight was a great song and though obscure the 2nd release had some minor hits to. All great great bands.

Kind of getting away from the "hard rock/Hair metal" topic, but a few other songs that I really enjoyed:

Head East - Never Been Any Reason
Sherbs - No Turning Back
Axe - Rock & Roll Party In The Streets
RTZ - Turn This Love Around
Barry Goudreau - So You Ran
Orion The Hunter - Dreams
Rossington Collins Band - Don't Misunderstand me
Max Webster - Battle Scars

And finally I consider this a "one hit ROCK wonder because everything he did after this was pop, but Michael Bolton had a rock Album that featured the song Fools Game. Bruce Kulick (KISS Fame) played guitar on 2 songs on this debut.

707 actually had another hit that was great, Megaforce. As for Zebra, I lived in Toledo and WIOT played a lot of these one hit wonders including Wait Until The Summers Gone and Bears. Shooting Star got a lot of airplay for Last Chance but Tonight was a great song and though obscure the 2nd release had some minor hits to. All great great bands.

Kind of getting away from the "hard rock/Hair metal" topic, but a few other songs that I really enjoyed:

Head East - Never Been Any Reason
Sherbs - No Turning Back
Axe - Rock & Roll Party In The Streets
RTZ - Turn This Love Around
Barry Goudreau - So You Ran
Orion The Hunter - Dreams
Rossington Collins Band - Don't Misunderstand me
Max Webster - Battle Scars

And finally I consider this a "one hit ROCK wonder because everything he did after this was pop, but Michael Bolton had a rock Album that featured the song Fools Game. Bruce Kulick (KISS Fame) played guitar on 2 songs on this debut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72uh4u5WCw

I have "Megaforce" on the iPod as well. Great song. As for Zebra I always thought "Tell Me What You Want" was just as big as "Who's Behind the Door." As for some of the others, I LOVE Axe! They had another song called "Battles" that got a lot of airplay when I lived in San Antonio. I almost mentioned the Rosington Collins Band but considered them Southern Rock. Another great one hit wonder from that genre is Johnny Van Zandt - "Brickyard Road." Every Lynyrd Skynyrd fan needs to hear that one. And Head East had a hit with Rainbow's "Since You Been Gone" too.

Great picks in this thread, in addition to what has already been mentioned here are two of my favorites:

Pity the solo was truncated...

Unfortunately never was a video for this one but great song...

Damn I forgot one of my all time favorites Mister Silvio Dante himself;

So do I. As anyone who has ever heard my show knows I play tons of this type of music as well as the Power/Prog. I just focus on the obscure stuff usually (and to me bands like Lillian Axe aren't the obscure ones hah).

Heres a few off the top of my head.

XYZ - Inside Out
Banshee - Shoot Through The Night
Cry Wolf - Pretender
Cold Sweat - Let's Make Love Tonight

*haha* Yeah, MM has probably forgotten more hard rock and metal than I'll ever know, you really can hear an incredible amount of killer stuff you never knew existed on his show (and no, I don't work for him) - just check it out next Wednesday!

I always liked T-Ride - a departure from the standard hair metal formula of the time, but Geoff Tyson was amazing on guitar. It's a shame they only had one album.

Backdoor Romeo:

Zombies From Hell:

*haha* Yeah, MM has probably forgotten more hard rock and metal than I'll ever know, you really can hear an incredible amount of killer stuff you never knew existed on his show (and no, I don't work for him) - just check it out next Wednesday!

Thanks! As always a big show is lined up for this Wednesday again!

Thorn : I used to have that T-Ride album on cassette! I only liked 2 songs. Zombies From Hell, and Hit Squad!