Best Hard Music album ever made...

johan68

Apr 3, 2008
Clearwater, FL, U.S.A
Of course could be debated to the death.... However, I am curious of what everyone thinks. I use the phrase "hard music" to get beyond the genre discussion. Not interested in best AOR, Black Metal, Power Metal, Prog Metal album of your choice but is best hard music album of all time. In your personal opinion naturally....
I was thinking about this for quite a while. Naturally Holy Diver, In Rock, The Number of the Beast and many more came to mind, but after weeks of pondering i have to go with.....

108787.jpg

Personally, this album has it all. Production, musicianship, songwriting, riffing, all the way to album cover.

Let me hear it folks....

Wow that's a tough question. There are soooo many! I can't choose just one, but here are a few that come to mind which I enjoy.

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
Judas Priest - British Steel
Kiss - Kiss
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Dio - Holy Diver

If I can't decipher the band's name on the album cover, then it doesn't qualify. :)

Oh, and while I don't quite understand what you're going for, I'll play anyway:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

I think he means best hard rock/metal album. Could be wrong. Since Pink Floyd's "The Wall" doesn't qualify, I would have to go with Judas Priest's "Hell Bent for Leather."

JUDAS PRIEST - Screaming for Vengeance.

Yes.

My mother really REALLY hated this album. Until we dissected "Electric Eye" and made comparisons to 1984 and Brave New World.

Then she just admitted that she just hated screaming guitars, so we listened to Dire Straits and ate doughnuts. The 80's were weird, man.

SotS altered metal in the US forever...but not in a good way. It's certainly a fantastic slab of music, though. Just wish the copycats also were.

SotS altered metal in the US forever...but not in a good way. It's certainly a fantastic slab of music, though. Just wish the copycats also were.

Wasn't saying either way, was just commenting on the fact that SotS influenced both metal and hardcore bands alike so much so that the new generation of bands are still influenced by ATG copycats like As I Lay Dying, etc.

There are two possible answers to this question, everything else is wishful thinking (if opinions mattered the world would be boring).

Van Halen - s/t
The Wildhearts - Earth Vs. ...