Big Sale at The End Records.

Sadguru said:
Then you should be aware that they don't exclusively stock on "generic metal". Oh well...

yea, it was a generalization. i completely left out their metalcore, nu-"prog" metal horseshit, overpriced classic titles everyone already owned 10 years ago and then a bunch of unknown filler by aspiring dragon hunters with guitars. did i miss anything this time?

NineFeetUnderground said:
yea, it was a generalization. i completely left out their metalcore, nu-"prog" metal horseshit, overpriced classic titles everyone already owned 10 years ago and then a bunch of unknown filler by aspiring dragon hunters with guitars. did i miss anything this time?

you forgot to include paatos. btw aquariusrecords was pretty good. ..so long as they send my CDs promptly

NineFeetUnderground said:
then a bunch of unknown filler by aspiring dragon hunters with guitars.
That's pretty clever, heh.

NFU, do you ever listen to bands just for fun or is it always to appreciate the music? I'm not being lame, it's a serious question. For instance, I listen to power metal cause it makes me smile. Not for its maturity, ingenuity, or uniqueness, but just because I think it is fun.

i have bought many albums from the end records since early 2003 and they have been good buys for the most part, i think. for instance,

vinyl:
Enslaved - ISA
Lurker of Chalice - s/t
Anathema - Alternative 4
Katatonia - Saw You Drown EP
Ulver - Blood Inside
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
The Gathering - Souvenirs
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh/None So Vile
Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse, Ghost Reveries

cd:
Enslaved - Below the Lights
Thorns - Thorns
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance (ltd. ed. box), Viva Emptiness
The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings
Deathspell Omega - Kenose
Esoteric - Subconscious Dissollution Into the Continuum
Antimatter - Savior, Lights Out
Ulver - Teachings in Silence, Lykantropen Themes, A Quick Fix of Melancholy, Svidd Neger
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra - The Key To The Gates Of Apocalypses
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Neurosis&Jarboe - s/t
Neurosis - Times of Grace, The Eye of Every Storm

the webstore is reasonably priced. but there is a lot of useless crap sold there as well.

Towedwart said:
That's pretty clever, heh.

NFU, do you ever listen to bands just for fun or is it always to appreciate the music? I'm not being lame, it's a serious question. For instance, I listen to power metal cause it makes me smile. Not for its maturity, ingenuity, or uniqueness, but just because I think it is fun.

all music i listen to is "fun" for me. but if by fun you mean "i want to pretend im a knight in shining armor with a big sword singing along to cheesey power metal hymns of steel and unfortunate but inevitable "virginity"...then no. i dont see the point.

you people think i dont listen to metal. its quite the contrary, it listen to a lot. i just have refined and "old school" taste in it, so its often not rendered in a forum swarming with yammering about daylight dies, strapping young lad and agalloch. besides, metal isnt really interesting to talk about.

take metal wrath for instance. that kid thinks he has the supreme music taste. but really everything he likes is leather clad, spiked and studded beer anthems written by fools and drunkards. sure some of it has some nice musicianship, some aggressive emotion and the like, but there is truly so much more music has to offer than the heavy metal genre. people need to understand that its COOL to go under the surface...and that it wont mean youre less of a man by liking something softer and more meaningful.