Blacksmith will be attending Progpower XII

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
(official announcement from promoter Glenn Harveston later today)

Heaven and Hell Records will be returning to this year’s Propower XII in Atlanta, GA. on September 16th & 17th. We have enjoyed attending the festival ever since Progpower II, and last year our first year as vendors. We look forward to seeing everyone again this year and all the new faces.
Blacksmithpowerprogpromo2.png

Also reformed U.S. cult metallers Blacksmith from Albany, N.Y. will be present to promote the Heaven and Hell Records release ‘Strike While the Iron’s Hot’ sponsored by Dean Guitars. The band will be doing meet and greets and hanging out with the H&H Records staff and fans.
More details to come.

Follow these sites for updates;

Heaven and Hell Records:
www.heavenandhellrecords.com

Heaven and Hell Records on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Heavenandhellrecords

Blacksmith on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/BlacksmithUS

Dean Guitars:
http://www.deanguitars.com/home.php

ProgPower USA:
http://www.progpowerusa.com

ProgPower on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/ProgPowerUSA

Well, that's all good news. I think I would have written "reunited" instead of "reformed". My first thought upon reading that was, "What have they reformed from? Hopefully, not from making kick ass metal!" :devil:

Well, that's all good news. I think I would have written "reunited" instead of "reformed". My first thought upon reading that was, "What have they reformed from? Hopefully, not from making kick ass metal!" :devil:

On the flip, you typically don't reunite 'metal' (ore), but you can reform it...

Either way, good stuff.

AWESOME! My old band did a few shows with Daves band after Blacksmith called FREAK NATION!

See ya in Atlanta!

Got the album yesterday. Very cool indeed!!! But what is the deal with the first track? Now, I love 4 minutes of silence as much as the next guy but....

i really don't get that either. I am noticing that it is reading in correctly in certain players mainly car players that are reading the ECD material as a 1st track. Regular CD players and my computer it goes fine.

i really don't get that either. I am noticing that it is reading in correctly in certain players mainly car players that are reading the ECD material as a 1st track. Regular CD players and my computer it goes fine.

Not a big deal though. The album is awesome....

Also, very impressed with the speed of shipping. First time I've used your site. Will be placing several orders in the future.

Not a big deal though. The album is awesome....

Also, very impressed with the speed of shipping. First time I've used your site. Will be placing several orders in the future.

Thanks and glad to here it. Hopefully it can continue to be quick but it gets difficult at times.
As for the Blacksmith CD; I'm finding it is acting up in a few different players. My car starts on track 2 with the first song, my computer plays it correctly, one of my DVD player will not play it while another one does but starts with track 2. Honestly I have never seen anything like this before and releases done the exact same way work fine. I'll be contacting the pressing plant tomorrow, think this maybe the final straw causing me to move on. But at least the CD does play and sound good.
Glad you like it, I love the 'Fire from Within' album when I was a kid and these guys were the top of my list to re-issue. The project has been amazing not only getting the unreleased album for a future release but also resurrecting the band and now they are recording new material. I just hate that we could not use all the live footage.

As for the Blacksmith CD; I'm finding it is acting up in a few different players. My car starts on track 2 with the first song, my computer plays it correctly, one of my DVD player will not play it while another one does but starts with track 2. Honestly I have never seen anything like this before and releases done the exact same way work fine. I'll be contacting the pressing plant tomorrow, think this maybe the final straw causing me to move on. But at least the CD does play and sound good.

I got mine yesterday, and it sounds awesome, but in case you want to know any other problems to mention to the plant, when I play it in my work computer (a CD-ROM drive) there is a brief drop out during the first track. Haven't tried it any other player.

That aside, it's a pretty a killer package for any band much less one that I can't imagine a whole hell of a lot of people outside the 80's NY metal scene even know about. Job well done!! :headbang: Brought back some Saratoga Winners memories for sure.

Reading some of those articles on the enhance part of the disc was especially cool for a local boy. I actually used to work at TransWorld too for a while, unfortunately no metal bands played during my time - we did get a pre-fame performance from the Back Street Boys though :erk:

Anyhow, great job on the project!!

I got mine yesterday, and it sounds awesome, but in case you want to know any other problems to mention to the plant, when I play it in my work computer (a CD-ROM drive) there is a brief drop out during the first track. Haven't tried it any other player.

That aside, it's a pretty a killer package for any band much less one that I can't imagine a whole hell of a lot of people outside the 80's NY metal scene even know about. Job well done!! :headbang: Brought back some Saratoga Winners memories for sure.

Reading some of those articles on the enhance part of the disc was especially cool for a local boy. I actually used to work at TransWorld too for a while, unfortunately no metal bands played during my time - we did get a pre-fame performance from the Back Street Boys though :erk:

Anyhow, great job on the project!!

Thanks glad to hear you dig it.
Actually back in '89 the band started to get a fair amount of attention abroad; looking through old Kerrang issues seemed they really liked the band. But has the liners say things just came to an end like so much back then, things were just changing.
Something we hear a lot from is from people in those respective areas where these bands are from. Just the other day I had so a guy contacted us who had purchased the Ritual release, he was asking about a band mentioned in the liners and wonder if we might put that out. Seems he was from the area of those bands and well it is pretty cool to hear from these people.

I have to say that you are doing a great thing. It is nice to see a label really push a band that they are putting a disc out by. Instead of just putting out some banner ads you are going many extra steps and doing a cool thing here. This is one of the best promotional moves you could make. You will be introducing the band / music to many people. In an age where labels just put out a disc and move on to the next and do zero pushing for it....you are taking the time and getting the word out on this release. It is nice to see someone taking the time and effort to help a band. More labels need to do stuff like this. I have seen more stuff about this release than any new disc in the past few months. Kudos and keep up the good work.

I have to say that you are doing a great thing. It is nice to see a label really push a band that they are putting a disc out by. Instead of just putting out some banner ads you are going many extra steps and doing a cool thing here. This is one of the best promotional moves you could make. You will be introducing the band / music to many people. In an age where labels just put out a disc and move on to the next and do zero pushing for it....you are taking the time and getting the word out on this release. It is nice to see someone taking the time and effort to help a band. More labels need to do stuff like this. I have seen more stuff about this release than any new disc in the past few months. Kudos and keep up the good work.

Thanks man much appreciated.