Blacksmith will be attending Progpower XII

The Heaven and Hell reissue of the band's early recordings is fucking kicks ass! I'm gonna take my copy of "Strike While The Iron's Hot" to Atlanta to get it signed by the band. Fucking badass dude!!!!!! The remastering job is slick

"If you’re a fan and collector of ‘80s era heavy metal, particularly the cult bands whose true metal sound destroyed the more popular MTV prettyboys, a collection like Strike While the Iron’s Hot is a dream come true. And if you missed Blacksmith the first time around but love uncompromising, old school heavy metal, this is the perfect introduction to the band. Not only is this classic material finally available (officially) on CD, but it has never sounded better. "

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2011/blacksmith-strike-while-the-iron’s-hot/

Good to see you're getting some decent press on this one. Will be great to see the band hanging out at PP.

It is good to see it happening. There are several interviews currently lined up too. It is rebuilding my faith with the "metal press"; after losing all that money dealing with those jerk-offs at Metalassault.com my thoughts on the subject of the metal mesia were becoming quite bleak.
Anyway the response on the Blacksmith has been pretty damn good.

Cool singer, actually kind of an innovator. Not many chick fronted metal bands back then, or for that matter, not many doing Dio covers then. What's that, like mid 80s?

It was 85'-86' I believe.
Around that time there was not to many women in metal bands certainly not in the U.S. Of course Hellion, Madam X, most similar was Bitch and maybe a few others; still very few women in those days. The only other female fronted metal band I can think of from N.Y. is Blacklace and I believe that was a little earlier than Blacksmith. A lot of these women were easily overlooked or forgotten about either due to the size of the band or just a few that came and went quickly. A shame really because many of these ladies certainly held their own; Heidi Black for instance I think brought attitude and was just as strong and "tough" as any man in a band in 1986. Same goes for Betsy, Anne and the others. You would have never seen these ladies in flowing dresses they were rockers.
Heidi makes me think of a cross of Betsy and Wendy O (another shamefully overlooked innovator). Kerrang seemed to have really liked Heidi too but they had a thing for women in bands back then.:lol:
We tried to get Heidi involved with this project, matter of fact tried a few times. It is very confusing why it did not come about but she was offered. She could have been included in new recordings, on the upcoming Euro fest dates, etc but ... Though I have many people asking about her and I really don't know what to say to them.

It was 85'-86' I believe.
Around that time there was not to many women in metal bands certainly not in the U.S. Of course Hellion, Madam X, most similar was Bitch and maybe a few others; still very few women in those days. The only other female fronted metal band I can think of from N.Y. is Blacklace and I believe that was a little earlier than Blacksmith. A lot of these women were easily overlooked or forgotten about either due to the size of the band or just a few that came and went quickly. A shame really because many of these ladies certainly held their own; Heidi Black for instance I think brought attitude and was just as strong and "tough" as any man in a band in 1986. Same goes for Betsy, Anne and the others. You would have never seen these ladies in flowing dresses they were rockers.
Heidi makes me think of a cross of Betsy and Wendy O (another shamefully overlooked innovator). Kerrang seemed to have really liked Heidi too but they had a thing for women in bands back then.:lol:
We tried to get Heidi involved with this project, matter of fact tried a few times. It is very confusing why it did not come about but she was offered. She could have been included in new recordings, on the upcoming Euro fest dates, etc but ... Though I have many people asking about her and I really don't know what to say to them.

I know you had mentioned Heidi briefly. It would've been cool to have her at PP. But yeah, mid 80s metal alot different than now, I know I worshipped Kerrang back then before it went in whatever direction it went to. Never could figure that out. And you're right, alot of people forget about Wendy O. She was the goods.