Blind Gaurdian for PP8?

Theandromedastrain

eyeloveprog(Ben)
Sep 25, 2005
NJ
www.myspace.com
I know i know they are doing extensive touring right now, but, when PP8 roles around they will have been settled down and people *(especially U.S.) will miss them a lot!

So I was just thinking, you know when Blind Guardian tour they hardly EVER play songs like: Precious Jerusalem, Under the Ice, Noldar, The curse of Feanor, Battlefield, Time what is time, Somewhere far beyond, etc.

Well, I was thinking maybe they could come to PP this year or next (PPIX) and play all the songs that they hardly ever play, that would be so unbelievably sweet! To see them play all those songs with a symphony to tag along! anybody share the same interests regarding this?

Well, I was thinking maybe they could come to PP this year or next (PPIX) and play all the songs that they hardly ever play, that would be so unbelievably sweet! To see them play all those songs with a symphony to tag along!

I personally don't care for BG. But touching on your suggestions, I kinda feel that the whole (insert band name) "with a symphony" idea gets tossed around a little too carelessly. If the band alone isn't enough to sell someone, then why should Glenn or the band feel they need to up the ante with additional theatrics? The string quartet with Evergrey was a great treat and the perfect size for that operation, but I'm not sure how much more elaborate things could get without compromising other aspects of the show. Therion is another example of having a lot going on at once on stage, but I can't imagine those limits being pushed much farther. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea that I'd love to see applied to many many bands, but I just don't know how relevant of an idea it is to be implemented at PP every so often.

That said, I completely agree with bands dusting off some "deep cuts" and customizing their setlists in an attempt to make their PP appearances something special for both them and the fans. Actually, I think most have come to expect it, to some degree.

I think Blind Guardian would be a stand alone headliner but that would be awesome if they were there. I'm seeing them in three days and I can't wait.

hah it doesn't matter if they play ProgPower again or not because I get to see them next weekend! :headbang:

It would be pretty badass to see BG own PP again, considering I wasn't able to see it the first time around. *curses mandatory school functions* I'll never have to worry about those again though.