Blind Guardian - update on new album

Good news indeed - it's been a long time coming! Saw them last year for the first time at Bloodstock and seeing them again this coming September in London. Brilliant band!

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I just hope the production has stepped up a notch in comparison to the last two.

Nightfall had the perfect sound for them I thought.

Then ANATO came, and while I really enjoy that album, the sound just sounded like crap compared to Nightfall. Idk what it was, but if you played the two albums back to back I would've thought ANATO came out first.

The last album was better then ANATO (production), but it still sounds like there's something in front of my speakers when I listen to it.

Hard to describe...but it's always annoyed me.

In terms of songs, ANATO has probably my favorite BG song ever - "And then there was silence". The rest of the songs were great - but with so much going on, it really is a hard album to digest fully. The last one had some good songs, but there just was something about it that it was lacking. Fly never really struck my boat either - it sounded weird but not in a cool way, and the lyrics were a turn off.

In terms of songs, ANATO has probably my favorite BG song ever - "And then there was silence". The rest of the songs were great - but with so much going on, it really is a hard album to digest fully.

ANatO often gets a bit of a bum rap, I think. I think there are several excellent songs on there (Precious Jerusalem, Sadly Sings Destiny, Silence). It is definitely a departure from where they were at for the prior three albums, but it wasn't so dramatic a departure as to deserve much of the criticism it received.

Personally, I still stand by "Imaginations" as my favorite BG album. It was the first BG album I heard, and remains the strongest. There's not a single bad song on that disc.