CD Sorage/shelfing suggestions

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could give me a good idea of where I can get nice storage for my 1700+ cds? Right now I have them in a bunch of rubbermaid containers and it's a pain to get a cd out when I need one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

i use those big black cases... a lot of them. although i don't often get my cds out. it's kind of an archive. i rip everything to my hard drive and burn mp3 cds for car/cd player most of the time. this way my cds don't get beat up. i know a few people here have those nice racks, but i could never be bothered organizing mine on racks or have a place to put the racks in the first place lol

Send them to me, I will take care of them for you. No worries.

And I would also second the bick black book o'cds. Alphabetical order helps, but is a pain. Then I would keep the cases in all those rubbermaid things you have and store them in the attick.

A whole shitload of these:

Case Logic plastic CD trays

56590_xlrg.jpg

Got a bunch of these guys, and then screwed them into the wall.

Benefits: Not sitting on the floor, out of the way of other furniture or computer desks or TV's, away from children and animals running around, and can just fill a wall. Go all the way around a room, starting up against the ceiling. Looks badass to be surrounded by a halo of heavy metal! And when those are filled up, start another layer underneath those!

Disadvantages: Filling your wall with drywall screws, if you're not careful they'll crack, and you gotta leave a slight gap so that once you put the screws into the wall, you can lift them up to unhook them.

But if you're competent with filling putty and a spatula, who cares about holes? Just patch em, and the wife won't complain. Besides, once you've got these set up properly, you shouldn't ever have to remove them!

I just built my own, I built both of these for under $100, they are far sturdier than anything you can buy, far cheaper and look a ton better. The picture don't do them justice, together they hold about 1300 CD's each...about 2600 total.

631437048_ORIG.jpg

631437051_ORIG.jpg

I was all set to direct you to www.LaserLine.com and their 90-CD plastic trays -- similar to Bryan316's, but bigger, and I have 22 of them -- but, as the lady warned me on the phone when I ordered a bunch, they really HAVE dropped those products from their inventory. They were about $15 each, making them really cheap. I guess I cleaned them out. :)

I just bought two 8-shelf 'media storage' units at Target -- intended for CDs or DVDs, but I'll be using them for paperback book storage. Their website has them for $40, but I paid an astonishing $19.99 each in the store -- and I'm considering heading back this weekend to see if they have any more. It wasn't all that hard to assemble, either, but two sets of hands are probably required.

Pellaz said:
I was all set to direct you to www.LaserLine.com and their 90-CD plastic trays -- similar to Bryan316's, but bigger, and I have 22 of them -- but, as the lady warned me on the phone when I ordered a bunch, they really HAVE dropped those products from their inventory. They were about $15 each, making them really cheap. I guess I cleaned them out. :)

I just bought two 8-shelf 'media storage' units at Target -- intended for CDs or DVDs, but I'll be using them for paperback book storage. Their website has them for $40, but I paid an astonishing $19.99 each in the store -- and I'm considering heading back this weekend to see if they have any more. It wasn't all that hard to assemble, either, but two sets of hands are probably required.

I may need to check one of those out!!!

www.storeyourmedia.com

They have plastic, composition, real wood, metal...from cheap and easy to total high end.

I bought several things from them and have received top notch product each time...

Rock on!