Tower.com

Kazi

Photographer
I just ordered several cds off of Tower.com and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the site. Only after I placed my order did I look around the web and notice some bad customer reviews. Also if anyone has some other online cd retailers feel free to share them. Thanks in advance.

*Was trying to get my hands on Mabool before Prog Power*

I have had plenty of great orders, and only one bad experience. I ordered Arch Enemy's Tyrants of the Rising Sun. The page said it was the 3 disc version (DVD+2cd) but they only sent me the one DVD version. By the time it had shipped and I received it, the page was taken down and showed only the one DVD version. They offered to take it back after I contacted them, but I decided to keep it.

Other than that, they have killer prices on a lot of items ($12 or less) and most orders ship within 24 hours. Free shipping for an order of $25.

The free shipping option is not great if you want your discs in a reasonable amount of time. It took over two weeks to receive my last order.

I personally shop at The End since its always free shipping (if you want) and the prices are usually great.

I won't shop at tower cuz I'm bitter they won't take my 8 yr old gift card! Still had 10 dollars on it.

I made my first purchase from them a few weeks ago- Mystic Prophecy Fireangel 2 disc digi. They had it in stock when others didn't and it shipped in
less than a week. The price was a little higher but I wanted it. Would buy from them again.

I've ordered from them at least 10x in the last few month, and not had one hassle or problem. Only once or twice did it take more than a week to receive the order.

I've used them many times...never a problem. Shipping is a little slow, but that doesn't bother me. They often have some great prices on hard-to-find stuff.