Cheap CD's

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hey,
Where's the cheapest place to buy CD's? I normally buy them from these HUGGGEEEE music stores near me or if I get desperate FYE, Best Buy, or Borders. Normally, like for a Katatonia album, it's $14-$20. I buy a lot of CD's and it certainly takes a chunk (yeah, like ALLLLLLL) of my money. I could buy the cd's off of itunes or download it or whatever, but I LOVE the art so I'd much rather buy the CD's. Do you guys have any good tips on where to buy cheap CD's?
Thanks,
Jake

Hey mans;

I usually buy my new stuff from The End Records:

http://news.theomegaorder.com/index.php

I've been ordering through them for about 8 years and have never had a problem. They're not necessarily the cheapest place, but they easily have the broadest selection.

Otherwise, if you're cool with buying used cds, half.com (you need an e-bay account) has always turned up nearly everything that i've looked for. If you're looking for stuff that's been in print for a few years, it can usually be found for under $5!

Happy hunting and fuck Jehovah.

Yeah, like Darksoul said, ebay and The End Records are good places. I also use Amazon, as their marketplace has some good deals on it.
Used cd stores are always fun if they're around.

Seems like everytime I check out The End Records they never have what I want in stock. I used to buy from there often, but unfortunately mailing things across the border got expensive. They were always good to deal with in my experience, although over time it took longer to receive my order.
HMV here in London had a couple Katatonia and Anathema cd's on for 5 quid each a few weeks ago.

on play.com you should find dvd too..it's never so expensive..and you pay only what they show you as price ..there is a free dilivery!

i would say mailorders are the best

1. theomegaorder.com - it has really good prices but the shipping takes forever
2. relapse records - my persnal favorite right now, has a little bit of everything, cheapr prices and good shipping rates
3. century media mailorder - shipping is kinda high but their prices are great
4. burningshed - peacevilles mailorder, really good if you like in europe and like stuff on the peaceville label
5. nuclearblast.de - only good if you live in europe, shipping is too high elsewhere

i would say mailorders are the best

1. theomegaorder.com - it has really good prices but the shipping takes forever
2. relapse records - my persnal favorite right now, has a little bit of everything, cheapr prices and good shipping rates
3. century media mailorder - shipping is kinda high but their prices are great
4. burningshed - peacevilles mailorder, really good if you like in europe and like stuff on the peaceville label
5. nuclearblast.de - only good if you live in europe, shipping is too high elsewhere

i totally agree about nuclear blast i have bought few things by here and this shipping was really expensive and i don't live so far from germany!
The omega order was quite good..and not so expensive,last thing i bought was watershed in cd and vynil!but i still think that play it's always less expensive :oops: is probably the best !!! they should pay me for the adverising!:lol:

I can vouch for:

www.hellsheadbangers.com - lots of different stuff. I've ordered lots of underground black metal for people off there, and they've always got some good doom gems on there. Good prices and decen't shipping for us Canadians and probably even better for the U.S.'ers.

www.officialabyssrecords.com - good selection and pleased with service.

All other distros I use frequently have been mentioned.

A real cheap one is this one

http://www.cdwow.com/

Sadly it's very commercial oriented...but you do get all the Katatonia albums there ..so it's not all bad. They ship for free everywhere too..I think.

They now and then beat Play.com. I love Play though..

A real cheap one is this one

http://www.cdwow.com/

Sadly it's very commercial oriented...but you do get all the Katatonia albums there ..so it's not all bad. They ship for free everywhere too..I think.
I pre-ordered Bloodbath's The Wacken Carnage from cdwow earlier this year.
I remember when I logged in to their page to see where my package was.
It said there wasn't any package!
So mailed support and they then said that they hadn't even received it themselves!
11 June I cancelled my order from cdwow and ordered it from cdon.com because everyone was like OMG SO GOOD on the bloodbath forum.
The next day I get mail from them telling me it's getting shipped, even though I already got my money back.
So a couple of days later.
I receive 2 copies of The Wacken Carnage on the same time, paying for only one!:kickass:

:D it's good no? you can gift me one of this two :p i'm spenting every single cents in concert right now but i will surely buy something else soon!