Circle II Circle Reveal "Burden Of truth" Cover Art

W.M.D.

Feb 10, 2004
Circle II Circle "Burden of Truth" Cover Art

Once again artistic genius Thomas Ewerhard has created a masterpiece with the new "Circle II Circle" cover art for "Burden of Truth". This is the 3rd cover Mr. Ewerhard has created for the band and the most elaborate with a secret mystery locked within the cover concept and lyrical content that will awe the fans.

CIIC fans will have a chance to uncover the mystery and win a free Jackson guitar signed by the band, and other prizes such as Backstage Passes, T-shirts and Posters.

The contest begins Black Friday October 13th, 2006 exactly 699 years to the day that Jaques de Molay, the last Grand Master of the order of the Knights Templar, had to travel to France to discuss with Pope Clement V about a crusade. On his way there he and his order members were arrested and interrogated by Phillip IV. The order was found guilty of blasphemy and sodomy. This was the end of the order of the Knights Templars, the Soldiers of Jesus…or was it?

Join the street team to register and see the new cover.

http://www.myspace.com/ciic_team

:err: :err: :err: :err: :err: :err:

Well, it's a better cover than the first two. The first was fine but nothing special. The second was a complete rip-off of the Matrix - and is one of the worst album covers IMO (not including band pic covers). At least this one fits the theme

1. covers with mysteries in them and contests...? :err:
2. playing off the dan brown hype... :err:
3. having to register on myspace, no less, to even see the cover? :err:

bullshit aside, still love you zach.

Can't I just post it here?
burden_truth240x240.jpg

If I can't just delete the post...

I wonder if this is the reason for the delay in release. Maybe the intent is to do a big marketing push around the Templar issue – and release the EP early just to have something for sale in time for ProgPower.

Seems a bit of a gamble to me. How many folks who otherwise wouldn’t have purchased the CD will be drawn in by the popularity of the Templar/Da Vinci Code theme?

I'd love to be proven wrong...but my guess is that there won't be many.

I could be wrong, but since JOP is releasing "Maniacal Renderings" on Sept 1, it would probably not be a good idea do draw the fans $$ one way or the other with a CIIC release around the same time. This make's good marketing and financial sense for both the fans and the label.

:kickass:

BlindPanzer said:
Can't I just post it here?
burden_truth240x240.jpg

If I can't just delete the post...

What is up with the freakin' pentagrams with this band? What significance does it have with their great music? Anyone.......anyone?????????

I love the artwork, aside from the pentagram anyway!

I don't care about the artwork. I still think the debut art is their best. The second album both musically and artwork-wise was mediocre. I look forward to hearing their new one. Zak is still in my top 3 of all time.

Pelata said:
Great artwork...

For some reason, I could not get into the first CIIC release, so I never bothered with the second one.
Really??? I found the first one better than the 2nd one.

As for the Pentagram, it's related to the subject matter in this case. The Pentagram was used in 'The DaVinci Code' as well...not as a Satanic symbol, but something else...

VenomGA - Maybe I just wasn't in the mood at the time. I'll have to re-check it...

Pelata said:
As for the Pentagram, it's related to the subject matter in this case. The Pentagram was used in 'The DaVinci Code' as well...not as a Satanic symbol, but something else...

VenomGA - Maybe I just wasn't in the mood at the time. I'll have to re-check it...
Please do check out the band's debut cd again. :headbang:

I believe you are correct, the pentagram was also mentioned in "Holy Blood Holy Grail" and is meant to be more holy than evil. :devil: :saint: :Shedevil: :saint: :devil: :saint: :Smokedev:

W.M.D. said:
I believe you are correct, the pentagram was also mentioned in "Holy Blood Holy Grail" and is meant to be more holy than evil. :devil: :saint: :Shedevil: :saint: :devil: :saint: :Smokedev:

Well, if the band or whoever wants it to be holy then don't invert it then. The bottom line is, that it's just a symbol, so who cares. At the same time, it made me curious, because they've used it on all three album covers now. Oh well, whatever...:saint: