Circus Maximus - Isolate now shipping

After a few spins I have to say that I am really, really enjoying this album. I haven't been listening to a lot of progressive metal lately and I even skipped over new Dream Theater and Symphony X releases, but not this one. Awesome album, I feel it's already surpassed my expectations and will only continue to grow on me. :kickass:

Hey Eric,

Don't know if you heard any of it yet (probably considering your job), but its awesome! I know you'll like it.

How's it going dude? Its been a while!

Hey Rick!

Believe it or not, I've only heard the advance clips they've put up. Though, I was just in the Bay Area for both the Dream Theater and Symphony X shows (in addition to the LA shows) - unbelieveablely awesome shows both :headbang: and hooked up wtih Dave and Bear (along with Zero Hour and some other fellow musician bros), and if you wouldn't believe it - Bear already had a copy!

So, haven't been on the forum for awhile, been just way too maxed out with workload and such. I'm sure we'll see each other at PPUSA this year! Can't wait...

Cheers! :kickass:

Ditto! No way you can pass over one of THE best metal albums of the year, that goes for the DT as well. Just do it!

I actually have heard a few songs from both and nothing really stuck with me. I enjoyed the few Symphony X tracks, but they really didn't stick with me the way their material from The Odyssey and The Divine Wings of Tragedy has.

As for Dream Theater, they haven't honestly captured my attention since Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. The material off of Systematic Chaos sounds alright, but again, nothing really grabbed me and pulled me in. I can't say Portnoy's new vocal role really thrills me either.

But for whatever reason I love the new Circus Maximus disc, it's fast becoming one of my favorite new albums this year. After my copy of Isolate melts following endless spins, I'll probably revisit the others. :lol:

Anyone else still not get there CD?

My email I got on August 3rd says.....

Order Number: 7397
Order Time: 7/7/2007 5:47:43 PM
Current Status: Paid/Shipped
Payment Method:
PayPal
Promotional Code(s): none
Special Instructions: none

Now its August 9th and no CD still. Have no idea wtf the PO is doing with my fucking CD.

Listening to it, I suspect. :lol:

Anyone else still not get there CD?

My email I got on August 3rd says.....

Order Number: 7397
Order Time: 7/7/2007 5:47:43 PM
Current Status: Paid/Shipped
Payment Method:
PayPal
Promotional Code(s): none
Special Instructions: none

Now its August 9th and no CD still. Have no idea wtf the PO is doing with my fucking CD.