Collective Soul?

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
This is one of my favorite American rock bands and has been for over 15 years. I was wonder if that admiration was shared by anyone else on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked a few songs back in the day, but I think that was more for a lack of inspiring music (to my ears) than anything else. When it was up against things like Nirvana, it sounded damn fine.

Oddly enough December was just playing on the radio :lol:

I like their first two albums but I'm not sure I've even heard any of their other stuff.

They are one of my lifetime favorite bands going all the way back to when I was a kid and got my first CD player and got my first CD. All of their albums are great, with my personal favorite probably being Dosage. They are a little bit formulaic 2001-present but still have written consistently good pop songs.

I use it as easy listening when I feeel the need for a pick me up. That said, it is just simply enjoyable music.

It is funny. I saw them twice live opening for other bands in the 90s (Aerosmith and Van Halen, in that order)

I own their first 4 albums, but nothing since then. They are kinda samey, in that if you own one, you mostly own what they are going to do.

Count me in. They are one of my favorite bands. I've been hooked since I saw them in the mid-90s at a festival (I had no idea who they were) and I first heard the Where The River Flows guitar riff. They have a unique ability to create amazingly simple yet infectious guitar riffs (see Where The River Flows, Heavy, Gel, Why Pt. 2).

Oddly, I Don't Need Anymore Friends - one of the rare songs not sung by Ed Roland - has become one of my favorite CS tunes.

They are also one of the few overlaps between my musical tastes and my wife's, so that gives them a special place in my heart as something we can share (and we do, every time they come around on tour).

Favorite album = Dosage. They make me happy.

In the studio this band bores me to utter tears! With that said, I saw them live once and they put on a great show. It was a few years back at a festival.

~Brian~

I with EOT on this one. The first time I saw them was when they opened for Aerosmith. They are REALLY good live!! I have see them numerous times since and they have not disappointed me. Dosage was brilliant.

Chris :headbang:

Saw them live in '99...we had to leave before the encore because my girlfriend got sick, and we just happened to be going down the aisle when the band came back to the stage. Ed says (clearly directed at us), "Guys...we're gonna play some more!" I wave and smile, and as we get to the parking lot, we hear them start to play "Crazy Train."

Good show.

Funny, pretty guitar lady I know was playing my acoustic the other day and started playing a tune.. the guy next to me was like: Collective soul.

Personally I've just forgotten about their music. What were their singles?

Their hits basically were:
1993 - Shine
1994 - Gel (Jerky Boys soundtrack)
1995 - December, The World I Know (Where the River Flows and Simple also got a lot of airplay)
1997 - Precious Declaration, Listen
1999 - Heavy, She Said
2001 - Why pt. 2
2004 - Better Now
2007 - Hollywood
2009 - Welcome