Cooking with Bits and Bites

Alright... Here is the official review of the NeverSchnitzel. With pictures and all (Both of them being a testament as to just how amazingly shitty a blackberry cam can be when nothing else is around):

In the pot, after devirginization via eggs flour and the "breading":

inthepot.jpg

On my plate, ready to be demolished:

ontheplate.jpg

The verdict:

This had great potential... If it wouldn't have been so DAMN SALTY. Just to give you a clue, I found the nutritional info -

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount per Serving
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 970mg 40%

Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 4g 8%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 30.0%
Carbs 64.8%
Protein 7.6%

I believe a holy shit is in order on that note. Anyways, besides the main thing that ruined the taste, it did have cool hints of barbeque, but I may have overcooked it a little bit hence the slight black spots on the breading. Oh well. Anyways, yeah if you wanna try it yourself, it's honestly exactly the same process as making any breaded chicken breast, but instead of bread crumbs, just use the bottom crumbs of your favorite snack mix (humpty dumpty, doritos etc.)

Too lazy to wait until you finish the entire bag? You can use many of these snacks to 'garnish' pretty much any soup that complements it in flavor ie. try baked chips (lays/pringles/whatever) in your chicken soup, or doritos nacho in vegetable soup.

And since it was crumbs and all that I'm sure plenty of salt fell off the pretzels, thus increasing the sodium quantity.

No way dude... junk crap has crappy nutritional values?? I'm truly in shock, like whoa

I wasn't trying to point out the obvious, but rather juxtaposing this to lets say just potato chips or pretzel snacks in terms of salt count. These bits and bites are honestly 3-fold saltier than the average junk food bag. Seriously, that's a bit fucked.

How did I miss this thread? OK, the key here is to remember the difference between "flavoring" and "main ingreedient". Remember what you're making and mix things to be harmonious, not to use them up. With all the preservatives in junk food, that bag of crushed bits will outlive both of us. So use it IN your breading, or sprinkle it lightly over a caserole or homemade mac-n-cheese (and once you've made it from scratch, "Kraft" becomes profanity), or something like that. Oooo! You know, you could even use it as SOME of the breading in meatballs or meatloaf. Truly, the possibilities are endless.