Coolest Music Collectables You Own.

Jesus Christ......

All I got is the Nightwish Special Edition "End of an Era" set with the Angel and Demon statuettes with its own case and a signed copies or Scorpions' "Bad for Good" and Rush's "Feedback". What is really sad that I had a Promotional copy of the sountrack for the 1974 film "Stardust" signed by Keith Moon that was given to my father (Who, in turn, gave it to me) some years ago. It was stolen (along with a bunch of other things, including a class ring that I was refitting) in a break in about 12 years ago

Hmm, I have a coffee-cup actually used by Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth right before the interview we did at the Roxy Theater the last time they played here.......it has his DNA on it.......we could clone him......it's kept safe in a sealed plastic bag in my kitchen cabinet.......

Yes, really. I offered it to the Opeth fans waiting in line outside the venue for fifty cents, but there were no takers. :lol: :lol:

MWAHahahahahaha
IT'S ALIVE!!!

:lol: :kickass: :lol: :kickass:

What a cool topic and read! Must list Todd's coolest thing first. Yngwie drew a rather *odd* looking dude for him while they were hanging out on the tour bus some years back. Kind of a cartoon type psychopath on the back of a promo 8x10. I should scan it, come to think of it.

I have a small collection of picks, with my most prized one being from Jason Becker. Hung out with the Cacophony guys after a show at Gazarri's up in Hollywood and was fortunate enough to chat with Jason for a good while. Very, very fond memory.

Signed set list from Lynch Mob and a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head. Absolutely insane show South of the Border at Iguana's in Tijuana. I kid you not, a huge mosh pit shut down their set for almost 20 minutes.

APSoG with a couple of the guy's John Hancocks, including Ray's "You're very worthy!" (wasn't there for sound check and asked my friend to have him sign it with "You're not worthy") hehehe

Purely sentimental: My copies of Marcel's CD & DVD, because they're the 1st label releases I've ever been on. And the little piece of paper we wrote down the Dutch phrases/translations I learned before the show. :)

:lol: I was just gonna post about the Malmsteen picture. You stole my thunder :lol: I also have an autographed arpeggio notation from Paul Gilbert with 132nd notes lol. Picks from Gilbert, Malmsteen, Moore, Mcalpine, Petrrucci etc...as well as a metal pick from George Lynch.

Meeting Malmsteen was cool. He handed me a beer and let me play one of his Strats. I was too freaked out to really play anything cool but just holding the thing was awesome. i think I played the intro to Black Star then handed it back to him. He laughed...:loco:

Contrary to popular belief the guy is one of the most gracious people i have ever met. I also have a signed Japanese import of Rising Force:headbang:

A ton of signed CD covers, including Spock's Beard's "V" signed by the whole band at the time, including Neal Morse. I also have the first Inner Circle CD signed by Phil Keaggy.

But the prized piece is a signature series drumstick used in a Dixie Dregs concert, personally signed by Rod Morgensteen.

Tommy

A brand new Fender Squire Bullet guitar signed by:

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
John Petrucci
Mike Portnoy
Stu Hamm
Billy Sheehan
Virgil Donati

(think that's everyone...)

My fiancee and I have lots of metal collectibles...this is probably one of the most unique and cool. Deb & I got this at the BB King's Stratovarius show in NYC, it's the band's dressing room sign :lol:

strat172.jpg

Here's also pictures I've taken at different shows, that I printed 8X10 and had signed by band members.

100_5611.jpg

We also have a ton of autographed posters, CD's etc, have a great Symphony X drumstick, lots of guitar picks including a cool Ted Poley guitar pick that was only 1 of 50 made, also tons of backstage/photo/press passes and other odds and ends.

I've got that Ararat signed vinyl by Orphaned Land, BTW. It might have been wiser to not have it signed, since unsigned copies are probably scarcer than signed copies. :heh:
:lol: That's the running joke about Terry Pratchett books...

One of the coolest things related to music that I own is a Blind Guardian forum shirt with my name on it from Wacken 2002 signed by most of the forum members who attended the fest. I know it is not the band, but those people are some of the most wonderful folk one would ever meet. No, I was not at the fest. They did it for me.

I also have an Amon Amarth drumstick from about 5 years ago which a German friend sent to me.

And I have a Blind Guardian Nightfall tour program signed by the bards - won it in one of the board contests. With some help from friendly forum members.

These are the significant (to me) ones.

If I listed all 30 years worth of collectable stuff I have amassed, there would be no room for anyone else to post.

My most cherished pieces are:

- A Polaroid I took of Randy Rhoads taken from the front row in 1981.

- A sealed vinyl copy of Slauter Xstroyes "Winterkill" album, probably the only one on the planet (an obscure underground 80's indie label ultra-rarity that probably no one even knows about on here! haha) It's priceless.

- A mint copy of MILITIA "The Sybling" vinyl.

- An original ZOSER MEZ CD on Zoser Records autographed and sent to me personally from Hank Shermann (Mercyful Fate).

The list is endless, but these are my favorites I would say.

:lol: I was just gonna post about the Malmsteen picture. You stole my thunder :lol: I also have an autographed arpeggio notation from Paul Gilbert with 132nd notes lol. Picks from Gilbert, Malmsteen, Moore, Mcalpine, Petrrucci etc...as well as a metal pick from George Lynch.

Meeting Malmsteen was cool. He handed me a beer and let me play one of his Strats. I was too freaked out to really play anything cool but just holding the thing was awesome. i think I played the intro to Black Star then handed it back to him. He laughed...:loco:

Contrary to popular belief the guy is one of the most gracious people i have ever met. I also have a signed Japanese import of Rising Force:headbang:

He was a complete dick when I met him, I tried to have him sign the Steeler CD and my Marching Out CD and he actually threw the Steeler one back at me and signed the Marching Out one. :ill:

If I listed all 30 years worth of collectable stuff I have amassed, there would be no room for anyone else to post.

My most cherished pieces are:

- A Polaroid I took of Randy Rhoads taken from the front row in 1981.

- A sealed vinyl copy of Slauter Xstroyes "Winterkill" album, probably the only one on the planet (an obscure underground 80's indie label ultra-rarity that probably no one even knows about on here! haha) It's priceless.

- A mint copy of MILITIA "The Sybling" vinyl.

- An original ZOSER MEZ CD on Zoser Records autographed and sent to me personally from Hank Shermann (Mercyful Fate).

The list is endless, but these are my favorites I would say.

Heehee...I'm sure those are very cool...

If I were to list the "no-one-knows-this-shit" collectibles...my Tokyo Blade vinyl collection would be getting bragged about right now...

...but who would really give a shit...?

Each of us has our private pecadillos...and it's always interesting to try to decipher where the line between collectible, rarity, and virtually-unknown-crap lies...I fear that I have quite a bit of each...hehe!

Rock on!

If I were to list the "no-one-knows-this-shit" collectibles...my Tokyo Blade vinyl collection would be getting bragged about right now...

Tokyo Blade......wow haven't heard that name in ages! Used to have the "Night of the Blade" album myself but not sure of its whereabouts (my organizational skills around the house leave a lot to be desired sometimes). At any rate thanks for the "blast from the past"! :headbang:

Heehee...I'm sure those are very cool...

...but who would really give a shit...?

Each of us has our private pecadillos...and it's always interesting to try to decipher where the line between collectible, rarity, and virtually-unknown-crap lies...I fear that I have quite a bit of each...hehe!

Rock on!

Tokyo Blade is the friggin' bomb! They have so many great songs. I'm not a vinyl guy, but I sure can appreciate the band! :headbang: