Days 1&2 Ticket Info

From Facebook:

"Hello All,

We want to update you on the status of Days 1 & 2 of the festival. This has been a very difficult year for many reasons. First, the cost of every aspect of producing the show has gone up. While we planned accordingly in advance, we did not anticipate all of the delays in the visa processing times this year. In order to obtain approvals, we were forced to pay premium processing fees for the majority of our petitions. That essentially doubled all visa costs.

Second, our ticket sales are just not there this year. We tried our best to offer a roster both balanced and attractive to our fans. However, it simply did not translate into sales numbers to sustain this level in the future. We then adjusted accordingly as requested by placing single day tickets on sale a month ago. It has made very little impact unfortunately.

As a result of the situation, we cannot blindly book a roster for next year. There will be no roster video announcement for Days 1 & 2 at the festival this year. We are hoping for one last final push with sales before we make a decision on what the future will hold for Days 1 & 2.

Thank you for your support,

Milton & Nathan"

From Milton Mendonça, PPUSA Day 1 and 2 co-promotor via Facebook:
"Most of you know the kind of year we've had... so we will be addressing the crowd regarding the future of Days 1&2 on Thursday, immediately following the Galneryus' set.
Thanks to all as always for the support!"

From Milton Mendonça, PPUSA Day 1 and 2 co-promotor via Facebook:
"Most of you know the kind of year we've had... so we will be addressing the crowd regarding the future of Days 1&2 on Thursday, immediately following the Galneryus' set.
Thanks to all as always for the support!"

All I can do is speak from personal experience here. Sure the bands on Wednesday are excellent, but I'm thinking that is not whats really at play. For me, its difficult to find the time away from work (and money) for a 4 day event. Now, when the tickets split, I picked up a day 2 Thursday ticket because I would already be in town & so why not? I did the same thing when Vanden Plas & Metal Church played on a Thursday night, but I'm huge fans of both those bands. So from my perspective, a 3 day event would be much more marketable. Obviously what is missing here is the inside knowledge on how the finances would work if it were just a 3 day festival. Maybe from that standpoint a 3 day festival is not do-able.

So I'm really looking forward to Thursday (and of course Friday & Saturday). All three of those days should be jamming. Its not taking anything away from Wednesday as it will be an excellent set of bands too. FWIW I'd LOVE to see Wednesday's bands, especially Sanctuary & Theocracy, I just can't swing it that day.

I certainly appreciate Milton and Nathan for being willing to put on Day 1 & 2. Even when there haven't been tons of bands I want to see, I've always bought a ticket. Partially to support you and where else am I going to have the chance to see the bands I want to see?

Seems like there are a variety of reasons people can't attend.

I suspect you already have a plan on place for next year, but one option might be to only do a Thursday pre-show with 6 bands rather than Wednesday and Thursday with 8 bands. Hopefully that would cut down on the expense and allow more people to attend.

Reactions: Troy the nomad
I've got a few friends that can make it last minute. However they can't get their tickets off Ticketmaster. The tickets for tonight be available at the door?

Regards the announcement made by Milton/Nathan for the future of PPUSA Day 1 and 2, it is essentially this:
  • Wednesday Day 1 will be handled by Nathan and will be in the The Loft, the smaller venue upstairs. He announced that one of the bands will be Power Quest performing all of Magic Never Dies for an exclusive one and only time, other bands TBA.
  • Thursday Day 2 will be handled by Milton and will be in the main venue, business as usual. No bands announced yet.
EDIT: From Nathan on FB: "PLEASE UNDERSTAND - the "split" of Days 1 & 2 was a completely mutual decision between Milton and myself, no bad blood whatsoever. We simply didn't think the cost of the main room could sustain both days next year. The more affordable cost of The Loft will enable me to bring back Power Quest and be able to do it more affordably, both for me and for all of you. A total of 4 bands will play on Wednesday of next year. Thank you for your support in allowing us to continue Days 1 & 2 with a more cost effective format.
A bigger announcement will follow post-fest. Thank you everyone for your gracious support!"

Last edited:
Reactions: NorseBlood