Gigantour/ProgPower USA Ticket Pre-Sale Info

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Here you go folks. Since I'm out of town with only a dial-up connection, I would appreciate if someone posted this to the DT forum, Portnoy forum, Petrucci forum, Labrie Forum, Ytse Jam, and any other relevant location.

In case anyone asks, I am not making a single cent off of this promotion. The Atlanta show was booked 100% on my reccomendation with Rival Entertainment. If it is successful, I will become their main "metal" consultant and will be able to bring a lot more shows to Atlanta.

cheers,

Glenn

Rival Entertainment w/ ProgPower USA present.

GIGANTOUR

Friday, August 5, 2005 - 4:30pm

The Arena at Gwinnett Center

Featuring:

MEGADETH

DREAM THEATER

FEAR FACTORY

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Nevermore

Life of Agony

Symphony X

Dry Kill Logic

Bobaflex

7 HOURS of MUSIC

On-sale Saturday, June 11 at 10am

Exclusive Prog-Power Pre-sale:

Friday, June 10 at 10am

Password:
progpower

Ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E003AC6D8EDD8CB?artistid=735627
[url="http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E003AC6D8EDD8CB?artistid=735627&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200"]http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E003AC6D8EDD8CB?artistid=735627&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200[/url] ]

50% of general admission floor tickets & lower reserved bowl are reserved
exclusively for ProgPower! Get these tickets 1 day before any seats are on
sale to the general public.

Just ordered mine. If you are getting general admission seats, don't bother with the progpower password. If you want good reserved seats, do the progpower password.

I just wanted 2 GA tix, turned out I didn't need the password. Thanks anyway Glenn!

rottingflesh said:
Did you get yours James?

No, didn't get any tickets yet; apparently, if you want reserved seats during the presale, you are only allowed to sit in section 121. I got that same damned section 121 popping up for like three hours over the course of the afternoon. I got different rows and seats from time to time, but it was ALWAYS section 121.
(You know how when you buy tickets to somewhere like Lakewood/Hi Fi Buys, they'll let you choose "left of center", "straight ahead center", etc.? Apparently, they don't have that capability at Gwinnett.)

I'll try my luck again in the morning.

Did you get your tickets yet?

Well, that sucks...what section are you wanting to be in? I have only been there once so not sure. I am not getting tickets... but I will catch you guys there ;) Be sure to let me where you are sitting when you do get them so I find you.

rottingflesh said:
Well, that sucks...what section are you wanting to be in? I have only been there once so not sure. I am not getting tickets... but I will catch you guys there ;) Be sure to let me where you are sitting when you do get them so I find you.

I basically want anything but 121 or 102...

So, will "JL" be getting you in the door?

JCMRecords said:
Bobaflex = Sucks... sorry... had to do that. the rest looks good though.

I don't know the band, but I've heard nothing but disappointment from everyone since they were announced, so it sounds like most people share your opinion

Damn....looks like 121 is a bad section. I've never been to this venue before and I grabbed a couple in that section. Is it so far to the side that you can't see the whole stage? If the seats are that bad, will I have the luxury of moving to a better 'general admission' area (floor or seated) so I can see worth a shit?

Layla's Dad said:
Damn....looks like 121 is a bad section. I've never been to this venue before and I grabbed a couple in that section. Is it so far to the side that you can't see the whole stage? If the seats are that bad, will I have the luxury of moving to a better 'general admission' area (floor or seated) so I can see worth a shit?

121 isn't that bad; it's just up above one of the tunnels, and I wanted something facing a little more straight towards the stage and closer to the floor (without actually being on the floor). You'll be able to see everything; it was just frustrating that I didn't have more options with this venue to be more precise about which seats I could choose. At Gwinnett, all you can do is choose floor, lower level, or upper level, and once you get stuck on a section like 121, the damn thing apparently won't give you any other options until the entire section sells out. I like the arena though (except for the fact that it's up in the sticks); I just wish they would set up their ticketmaster ordering process a little better.

I was also getting pissed off because I really wanted section 100 seats, I couldn't get to those through the ticketmaster web site, and I had seen that the ticket brokers were already selling section 100 seats for this show, even though the presale had just started...

James said:
121 isn't that bad; it's just up above one of the tunnels, and I wanted something facing a little more straight towards the stage and closer to the floor (without actually being on the floor). You'll be able to see everything; it was just frustrating that I didn't have more options with this venue to be more precise about which seats I could choose. At Gwinnett, all you can do is choose floor, lower level, or upper level, and once you get stuck on a section like 121, the damn thing apparently won't give you any other options until the entire section sells out. I like the arena though (except for the fact that it's up in the sticks); I just wish they would set up their ticketmaster ordering process a little better.

I was also getting pissed off because I really wanted section 100 seats, I couldn't get to those through the ticketmaster web site, and I had seen that the ticket brokers were already selling section 100 seats for this show, even though the presale had just started...

Thanx for the response James. I would have liked the luxury of being a little more specific myself (I prefer aisle seats & I got seats 7 & 8. That means the paying customers in seats 1-6 will have my wife & I walking back and forth most of the night to the beer counter and to the bathroom). I've been to venues and had seats so far to the side that I couldn't see the drummer and that just won't work for this show (or any for that matter). Luckily that has only happened a couple of times in nearly 30 years of going to shows. I'm just glad I won't have to move around to see the stage. Good luck in your own attempts at finding what you want.

James,

Did you try best available or would it let you pick other sections. When I got my JP tickets best available was like Z at lakewood, then I chose by every single fucking section and finally got row H. AND I ended up buying every ticket one at a time too.... i got four tickets in a row buying them one at a fucking time. all together i could not get that good of a seat... stupid as hell. but of course i am the loner and you have the pretty lady that you can't risk not sitting next to ya... Denney and Chuck can sit WHEREVER.... LOL

As far as Megadeth, I would not have the money for the ticket anyways because as usual, I get tickets for Chuck and he does not pay me back until "he feels like it" while he attends 4 other shows in Atlanta. Luckily, I will be able to get in, but I will only probably watch a couple of bands. My friend wants to see my new home... :)

AS YOU SHOULD BE DOING SOME WEEKEND SOON!!!!!! :headbang:

Layla's Dad said:
Thanx for the response James. I would have liked the luxury of being a little more specific myself (I prefer aisle seats & I got seats 7 & 8. That means the paying customers in seats 1-6 will have my wife & I walking back and forth most of the night to the beer counter and to the bathroom). I've been to venues and had seats so far to the side that I couldn't see the drummer and that just won't work for this show (or any for that matter). Luckily that has only happened a couple of times in nearly 30 years of going to shows. I'm just glad I won't have to move around to see the stage. Good luck in your own attempts at finding what you want.

This sucks, what about other places than Atlanta, like ummm Chicago???? I'm doomed!!LOL

Did you try best available or would it let you pick other sections. When I got my JP tickets best available was like Z at lakewood, then I chose by every single fucking section and finally got row H. AND I ended up buying every ticket one at a time too.... i got four tickets in a row buying them one at a fucking time. all together i could not get that good of a seat... stupid as hell. but of course i am the loner and you have the pretty lady that you can't risk not sitting next to ya... Denney and Chuck can sit WHEREVER.... LOL

As far as Megadeth, I would not have the money for the ticket anyways because as usual, I get tickets for Chuck and he does not pay me back until "he feels like it" while he attends 4 other shows in Atlanta. Luckily, I will be able to get in, but I will only probably watch a couple of bands. My friend wants to see my new home... :)

AS YOU SHOULD BE DOING SOME WEEKEND SOON!!!!!! :headbang:[/QUOTE]

Bought two tickets -- the general admission tickets seem to be sold out, so this will be the first DT show for me in a while where I won't be in the front row. I missed the pre-sale by only about 30 minutes on Fri. evening. :(

The online ticket-placement ordering for Gwinnett Center does indeed suck. But, free parking! (repeat mantra as often as needed)

Which fan club had the pre-pre-sale on Thursday, DT's or Megadeth's, or both? I noticed there were several pre-sales going on, of which Glenn's was one of about four.