Dead Letter Circus - The next big thing in modern rock

Aug 14, 2008
Just announced signing to Sumerian today along with a tour with Animals As Leaders in the summer. Keep an eye on them. They will be huge.

If you dig Oceansize, Tool, Karnivool,etc you will already love them. If you don't dig those bands you might still love them!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GAW87Jmw0&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Should also add that they have a name for themselves already in Australia, having opened for Linkin Park and Muse and being on Warner in that country. I am sure Aussies on here are already sick of them haha.

I've come across these guys before whilst browsing YT. They are alright but something about them just doesn't excite me to listen more. They meander a bit, in other words go nowhere within a song for me. Is it me or is there a slight U2's The Edge guitar licks in there?

I've come across these guys before whilst browsing YT. They are alright but something about them just doesn't excite me to listen more. They meander a bit, in other words go nowhere within a song for me. Is it me or is there a slight U2's The Edge guitar licks in there?

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy was inspired by The Edge. I do hear the similarities in playing. I think the singer of this band is the most impressive though.

Edit: the more I listen to this band the more I hear Edge in his playing. Damn you!!! ahaha

Not a fan. Pretty mediocre alt-rock. These guys have nothing in common with Tool or Karnivool.

IT DOESNT SOUND LIKE DREAM THEATER SO IT SUUUUUUUXXXXX.

I liked the first song, but couldn't get into the other two. Truth, I'm not too huge about the singer. All the same, i'd much rather that rock take a turn in this direction than many others it could.
I hear tool and some early U2 in there.

they cant be the next big thing....Tesseract already has that spot reserved.

This band is going to be way bigger than Tesseract dude... Tesseract I am sure will eventually do fine and the djent scene definitely has potential to take off to a larger level than the underground internet community that it is now, but this band already has some of the most important and relevant people in the music industry today behind them.

These guys have nothing in common with Tool or Karnivool.

I seriously think you must be the first person in the history of music to say this. Literally everyone else has said otherwise, but of course it's all a matter of opinion. All good. I know on this board this band is too vanilla in terms of song structure to be a clincher to everyone.

These guys were sensational last year opening for Fair to Midland. Their live sound emphasizes those U2 on steroids guitar wall of sound even more. I d love to see become more famous. I think they have more of a chance than other more proggy bands . Their sound and melodies is definitely more accessible .