Devin Townsend... its official...

One-offs may be attractive to some bands, but I doubt Devin would rush to assemble his band, rehearse for two weeks and travel to Atlanta to be a #3 slot band at a festival where he wasn't warmly received last time.

Then let him have the headlne spot on a Friday night :)

Devin's amazing.

I think he's getting adjusted to parenting. Just wait a couple years, he'll be chomping at the bit to get out of the house (ha ha).

I dig Devin as well. However, I think there's two problems. Playing a one off, would require him to gather his band, spend a week rehearsing and then travel. Why would he do that? As I said, it's not as if his first PP performance went over huge. Second, is money was a motivating facor, he wouldn't have disbanded SYL. Second, I can't see Glenn taking an act which received a luke-warm reception in a #3 spot and building his festival around it. But who knows?

Zod

This album is fucking great. It's the greatest and nerdiest metal album ever. I forsee this board becoming very pro-Devin...

I'd fuckin' love to see Devy again -- he has never played Atlanta as DTB since PPUSA, because the tours he was a part of never came here -- but I have to agree with Zod......there would be little impetus for him to make all that effort to play a one-off at a festival where his reception was lukewarm last time.

OTOH, a few things have changed since that appearance....he's guested on an Ayreon CD, he's released two strong solo CDs in a row (hmm, at least two), he's toured with Symphony X......

And of course, if he did come, Glenn could realize one of his lifelong dreams.* :lol:

-=-=-=-
* having lunch/dinner with Devy....Glenn mentioned it here a while ago....

I can't see Glenn taking an act which received a luke-warm reception in a #3 spot and building his festival around it. But who knows?

Zod
Having him play all of Ziltoid would be cool - especially with the puppet show or a movie backdrop. And your point is a good one - he isn't touring, his reception last time was not all that, and he may not be headliner worthy to build a fest around. But how about this for a "headliner" type dream set that the show could be built around?

Devin Townsend and Steve Vai (and Billy Sheehan on Bass of course). They play most of Sex & Religion, then a handful of each other's tunes together to round out the set.

:headbang:

Devin Townsend and Steve Vai (and Billy Sheehan on Bass of course). They play most of Sex & Religion, then a handful of each other's tunes together to round out the set.

:headbang:
That would be seriously awesome! Vai and Sheehan together are always to die for. Add Townsend and it may turn into the best performance of all time.

I don't know about others but to me The Dev was one of the major highlights of PPIII.

To the naysayers: Phooey and double phooey! :heh:

He must return next year at ProgPower and do a Ziltoid thematic show. And then aftewards do a set of his Devin Townsend Band material or something.

Will he be relatively sober and remember the lyrics this time?