Distubed announces "hiatus" due to the "death of metal".

Yeah, I'm speechless that he said that. I actually consider it to be their best by far.

And for most of their fans it's their high-water mark and their last decade has been significantly less notable. I won't run the risk of saying that that's almost pathetic...except that I will. Dream Theater should have hung it up after Awake, honestly. I know I'm in the extreme minority here.

It hasn't ever felt to me like the band has ever pushed themselves past those two albums and the result is that they bore me. I won't be apologetic about it.

Milton: And yes, I plan on coming right now. I need to secure my time off from work, then I can worry about a ticket and travel arrangements. I need to confirm an offer to crash on somebody's floor. It'll just be Friday & Saturday though this time.

Milton: And yes, I plan on coming right now. I need to secure my time off from work, then I can worry about a ticket and travel arrangements. I need to confirm an offer to crash on somebody's floor. It'll just be Friday & Saturday though this time.

Awesome. Let me know how it turns out. There's always floor space in our room if needed. :)

You can't trip on snus hahaha.

This Disturbed "breakup" has been weird, but I'm seeing alot of once big bands from the early 00's go through similar things because of the changing climate. Chimaira losing like half the dudes in the band is another such situation.

Saw Disturbed again last night...boring live band. Just boring. I liked "Pray" when it first came out...still like a random song or two well enough. But live their style gets way too monotone, to me. Plus all of the singer's put-on "dramatic pause" just comes off so fake. But, there were tons of people there (my son included) who love them. We saw them last year and last night and with the exception of one song it was the exact same show down to the between-song banter. I am glad I never have to sit through it again.