Do you have any regrets from this year's PP

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Lord only knows I do. Well to start off this was my first PP. The Pre-party ticket said 5:30, but we didnt get in til like 6:00, so I fgured the next day would be the same. So I arrived at 5:20 and decided to do some shopping not thinking that Manticora would go on anytime before 6:00, little did I know. Manticora was one of the reasons I went to the fricking concert and I god damn mother fucking missed them (sorry for the profanity), but it just pissed me off so badly.

Then on saturday I drank too much before I went and only got to see half of PC 69 and Therion, which really pissed me off.

I also regret not going to any of the after parties, but I was with people that arent really partiers very quiet people and they were driving between the hotel and venue. I would have walked back to the hot, but it was like 5 miles away, way to far drunk and alone.

Now that I have ranted, let the replies fly.

Ian

My only regrets are missing the pre-pre-party on Wednesday and PP6.1 with everyone doing YMCA and the like. I also had a much smaller haul than I expected due to going WELL beyond my set limit on beer money Thursday night.

Bryant

metalsped said:
Just not having good insoles for my boots! Other than that, absolutely ZERO regrets.

Oh dear god, I have the same regret. I've worn the same boots since I was 16, so 6/7 years later ....they are not so good. My feet were bleeding after Friday night.

I only regret not being able to hang out with some people I've known online for years, a bit more.

And next time I think I'll drive, I felt absolutely naked without a car. But with everything, it was still the best weekend ever. :Spin:

Regret #1: Not planning my spending money wisely enough
Regret #2: Not bringing in-soles for my boots
Regret #3: Not packing my comfy shoes for afterwards
Regret #4: Missing the first song of Orphaned Land. "Ocean Land" was the song I wanted to hear live the most of the whole weekend :grumble:
Regret #5: Not getting to the Hampton Inn breakfast sooner than Sunday morning - It was incredbile!
Regret #6: Missing the Hampton Inn pool party.
Regret #7: Not saying goodbye to a few people.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Lord only knows I do. Well to start off this was my first PP. The Pre-party ticket said 5:30, but we didnt get in til like 6:00, so I fgured the next day would be the same. So I arrived at 5:20 and decided to do some shopping not thinking that Manticora would go on anytime before 6:00, little did I know.

Chalk that one up, but remember from here on out that ProgPower (the main 2 days, anyway) typically runs like a European train schedule-- on time by a couple minutes (with the occasional Stratovarius/Rage thingy-- but those delays are typically last band of the evening thing, though few and far between) consistently.

I also regret not meeting Barking Pumpkin and Dargormudshark so I could them mofoing prog snobs!!! jk guys, but I would have like to hang out with guys any way, and you could have experience the drunken biffle. LOL!!

• I missed PC69 - one of the three bands I most wanted to see at PP6. :erk:

I didn't take the time to learn how to use my wife's camera before Friday, so I have NO pics worth looking at from that night.

I forgot my Demonoid cd at home on Saturday. *groan*

And I didn't seek out half the folks I had intended on meeting

oh well, we'll always have Paris... err, or something like that. :loco:

Regret 1: not forcing my freind to fly in
Regret 2: Missing OL Preparty set becuase of waiting on my friend to drive to my house
Regret 3: Not telling my dad he could not go with me, so he wouldn't have burnt out a $1500 clutch in his truck :(
Regret 4: not having more money to spend on things
Regret 5: Buying Strat albums I already own on wax so I could get them signed
Regret 6: Getting sick from the heat in the stand area
Regret 7: not getting a hotel room in the same place where the bands are staying. I miss eating waffles with the bands I love :(

Regret 1: Not being old enough to go down there on my own and do the whole four days.
Regret 2: Not talking to many people.
Regret 3: I think I might have missed the CD InZane table which might have had more Freak Kitchen albums.

My regret is not seeing all of the other impromptu performances that go on. I didn't see Urban Breed do his thing, I missed that lady doing the Queensryche karaoke. But I did go down to the vendors just in time to see Yan and Lance King do an acoustic performance.

*I had a "networking" meeting before the pre-party that caused us to miss the first band, whom everybody said rocked.
*Letting Shannon drink the triple tequila shot followed by a Guiness, causing us to miss Stratovarius, and causing me to not enjoy Therion so much 'cuz I was worried about her.
*Planning too many things during the day that prevented us from doing any post-parties. 4 years, and we still haven't gone to 1.
*There's a couple of CDs I meant to buy, but forgot until too late.
*Not buying a Conception t-shirt while they still had XLs

Those are really minor though. This PP was by far the best yet. I really look forward to the next one.