What band from this year's PP are you now a rabid fan of?

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
As I am still being exposed to countless new bands thanks to PP, I continue to be amazed at how many turn out to just blow my mind. Every time I think I've heard the last band that I'm going to go apeshit over, I open a new CD and the rocket ride starts all over again.

Thanks to my friends Bobbie (BlackRoseMetalHeart) and her s.o. Nick (Demon of the Woods) :worship:, I was exposed to THRESHOLD and their new album Dead Reckoning. Their performance at PP just blew me away, they were hands down my favorite band of the festival. And thanks to The Laser's Edge, I purchased virtually their entire back catalog in the dealer's room.

I have had "Critical Mass" in my car's CD player ever since I got back from PP. It's incredible! Where have I been and why haven't I known about these guys? They are easily on par with anything Dream Theatre or Symphony X has done. I would give anything for these guys to tour the US, I would follow that show from city to city for sure! :zombie:

And second place by a nose-hair goes to FIREWIND. Even though I had claimed to be a Firewind fan prior to PP, I was only familiar with a small handful of their songs. Seeing them "open" for Epica on my own show in Minneapolis and then subsequently performing an amazing set at PP (kudos to another brilliant "Glenn-ism" for getting their original singer to do a couple of songs with them - WOW WOW WOW - we'll sure as hell never see *that* again!), I realized I needed to get more CD's from them as well. I bought two of their CD's including an older title, "Forged by Fire." That CD is just f*cking amazing. Every single song on it is good! Once again, I'm sitting there in utter amazement thinking to myself, "Where have I been?!" :headbang:

So THRESHOLD and FIREWIND ... for better or for worse ... have me as a new raving lunatic fanboy.

What about y'all?

Raintime. I liked them before, thought they were going to be a really good performance, but they blew me away. Like you, I'd give anything for a U.S. tour, though I know Raintime won't be headlining any U.S. tours anytime soon. Would be amazing, though.

Very nice guys, got a group picture with them during Virgin Steele. I can't wait to see them again, and will put their names in for future ProgPowers until they come back.

I went in as a Raintime fan but left being a HUGE fan of the band. I ran into the bassplayer at the Hard Rock Cafe gift shop and he brought my wife and I out to meet the rest of the band in the bar. THe band proceeded to blow the roof off the place when they played.

2nd band would be Firewind. Just terrific live....

My biggest regret is that I wasn't more familiar with Primal Fear. They blew me away with their set, but it would've been much better it I had already known their songs.

None that I wasn't already, although I did gain a newfound appreciation for Primal Fear and *gasp* After Forever!!! You can knock me over with a feather on that last one... they were the one band that I figured I had no chance of liking.

I loved them all but Pagan's Mind Killed!! They were why i even attended PP, nice guys too.:headbang:

although i was a fan of both bands before hand, pagans mind and primal fear just completely blew me away.

and although im just an average fan of the studio work, firewind was a real treat to see live, they blew me away as well!

Not at PP, but Solitude Aeturnus opend for Mercyful Fate on the Time tour (199?) and have been one of my favorite bands ever since.

I have to say that going into PP I was not at all a Pagan's Mind fan. I had given a disk or two a listen, but just didn't get what the fuss was about. In all honesty, the only reason I was on the floor for them was to get as close as I could for Sonata Arctica. However, we ended up right in front of the guitarist, and I was blown away over and over again. Definitely changed my opinion of the band, and now I'm going back and getting into all of their older stuff, as well as looking forward to the next release.